Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any how-to or such for it yet?

I've included the fog light and head light wiring diagrams if it hasn't been done yet so someone else can scratch there heads at it to like I am.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Well, I don't have an 08. But the schematics are pretty straight forward. Do you have a specific question? Not sure what you need is what I am saying.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I don't have an 08. But the schematics are pretty straight forward. Do you have a specific question? Not sure what you need is what I am saying.
Fogs on with parking lights and fogs on with highs are not possible with the stock set up.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Ummm. The schematics say it should work. The fogs appear to be on a separate switch. 07 I just pull the headlight switch out. Works in any position except off (well, I would have to verify highbeams again. don't use them really at all (city driver)).

Ohhhh! I see it now. Your lamps relay is logic driven. Hmmm. That could be tough! All the schematic is showing is how the LED indicator is driven. And that is also logic driven. Does your book / source break out the logic?

OR
HARDWIRE!
About all you could do is break the ground line at the relay (logic side) and run it to the switch (pos 5 logic) which would then get its ground under all situations (except off). Not knowing the relative current draw of the fog relay as compared to the switch, you might want to have a intermediate relay in between. That would be 100% safe. Basically your removing the fogs from logic control. I don't think that should affect anything else but its a 'black hole' without some kind of truthtable to reference.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
my 09 didn't need any mod for it. from the dealer foglights work with the parking lights, but only with the ignition on. and the headlights can come on with out the ignition, weird

·
Registered
121 Posts
I run my fogs and parking lights all the time, onl with the car running. I would love to get them to work with the high beams on though..

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
can be done. two ways i could thinkk of.
put a diode inline with the output wire from the headlight switch to the foglights (anode side facing the switch) and use a rocker switch. one side connected (with a fuse) to 12V power and the other side connected to the foglight wire between the diode and foglights. this will give you the ability to turn the foglights on whenever you would like. this can also be done with a relay
Other way is using a relay and no switch. cut the foglight wire and connect the light side to pin 30 (common) and the switch side to pin 87A (normally closed). connect pin 87 (normally open) to 12V. Pin 85 will go to ground and 86 will be connected to the output wire for the highbeams. by doing this whenever you activate you're highbeams the relay will flip over and power to the foglights will still be suplied by another source

Please note this is a general reference and you will need to test wires for polarity as they may not be as stated above

·
Registered
351 Posts
Guys,
What about cutting the brown/yellow wire from the headlight switch to the fogs, run a keyed 12V source from the fog light fuse to a blue lighted on/off rocker switch (dash mounted), run a wire from the new switch to the brown/yellow wire going to the fogs, tape the other end of the brown/yellow wire from the headlight switch? This should supply a non-logic 12V to the fogs. Just don't pull the fog/headlight switch on-you should be able to use the fogs:
1. By themselves
2. W/parking lights only
3. W/lo beams
4. W/hi beams
just by flipping the rocker switch on. Please check this out, those of you who are electrically gifted. I'm not. I was a Mechanical Designer for 38 years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts