Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking for headlight mods for my 08 focus when i came across this image of eyelid headlights on the new focus. How would you do this, paint the outer casing of the headlight or cut out a black decal and lay it over?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3175746

sorry for posting someone else's car up on here, i don't know how to just take the picture and put it on here.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
try autoaccessorystore.com

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i checked but they don't have the new foci on there yet. i added rep though, thanks.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
just do vinyl i completely disagree with taking spray paint to a new car. especially for something you may decide to change down the road.

painted eyebrows FTL[thumbd]

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive seen a lot of people do them on the older foci. if you're one of those people, where did you go to get it done?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I think that anything u can do to those headlights will be better than just stock [thumb]

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
ive seen a lot of people do them on the older foci. if you're one of those people, where did you go to get it done?
me? hell.........I could care less cause I WILL get new headlights eventually..... so basically I took a bunch of paper towel, found the line on the headlights on my 02 focus, taped it right there at the edge, and sprayed away [giggle]

·
Registered
16 Posts
there is a 08 owner on here with painted eyelids. I saw his thread a few months back. It looked great cleaned up the headlights nicely.

I wouldnt hesitate to put paint on new headlights.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
there is a 08 owner on here with painted eyelids. I saw his thread a few months back. It looked great cleaned up the headlights nicely.

I wouldnt hesitate to put paint on new headlights.
I personally hate my headlights. If you can know who had the modified lights, that'd allow me to cope a lot easier with these tacky, poor projecting light cases. I don't think i really want to paint, unless i put something over the light so it wouldn't ruin the casing then use the ford paint to color match it (sounds better if someone can help with that). If i were to ever sell the car, only to buy an even newer fofo of course, that would decrease its value for someone who doesn't like the eyelids

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i've decided to go down the route of buying a vinyl, and most likely will buy ford vista blue spray paint to go over it. BradWhite helped me out by finding this vinyl site that looks decent (http://www.govinyl.8k.com/vinylsheets.html).
Has anyone found a cheap(er) website for the paint? It seems like they charge a lot for just their color, but i want a good color match so i might just pay it up.

·
Registered
340 Posts
i asked the guy and he said he went to a tint shop to get them done

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i did a little research and found that he sent another guy a message saying he got the vinyl made at a tint shop. kinda sucks my car is blue so its going to be harder to make that color matches. i just received my h9 hyper yellow fogs in the mail, so im going to mod them to fit in my h11 holders right now, ill get some eyelid progress done tonight

1 - 19 of 19 Posts