Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 coupe, and bought Eibach pro-kit springs, and was thinking of getting Eibach front/rear sway-bar kit, and new struts/shocks. What brand of strut/shock do you recommend? Plus, is the Steeda camber/camber kit any good?

It is a daily driver that I want to handle the twisties better.

Thanks, Jon

·
Registered
739 Posts
There's not really much in the way of struts and shocks for our cars (08-11) unless you wanna pony up the money for a set of coilovers. Since you have the Pro-Kit springs I would honestly just recommend sticking with the OEM dampers.

As far as sway bars go, the rear one is a piece of cake whereas the front one requires dropping the subframe slightly. If you wanna make it easier on yourself just do the rear. That's all I'm doing and it actually improves the balance of a FWD car better if the rear is stiffer.

For camber adjustment I would recommend adjustable rear control arms. The most common ones are made by SPC but are quite expensive. ACDelco actually sells re-branded SPC ones for only $67 each on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-45K0187-Professional-Lower-Camber/dp/B0010DLIKW

Honestly with the camber you'll get out of the drop that the Pro-Kit gives you I would just leave the front camber alone otherwise you'll be paying quite a bit for camber plates.

Anyway, hope that helps!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'd for sure replace the dampers. For ones that work & the pro lines are a 1.5'' drop Use the frpp's ones that work w/ your car. You really wouldn't need camber plates. If you have a rear sway bar already then the Eibach bars are a great upgrade for you.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'd for sure replace the dampers. For ones that work & the pro lines are a 1.5'' drop Use the frpp's ones that work w/ your car. You really wouldn't need camber plates. If you have a rear sway bar already then the Eibach bars are a great upgrade for you.
The FRPP dampers would require new strut mount hardware if I recall correctly. They also won't work with springs made for 08-11 as the springs are a different design.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
The FRPP dampers would require new strut mount hardware if I recall correctly. They also won't work with springs made for 08-11 as the springs are a different design.
Rock & a hard spot seems. Could you just use the whole '06-'07 setup?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Rock & a hard spot seems. Could you just use the whole '06-'07 setup?
A full on 06-07 setup would probably allow for the most options but then the OP has to figure out with the springs he has already bought. I'm not sure what budget we're looking at here.

Then again OP if you're looking to offload your Pro-Kit springs I'm totally interested. LOL

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
All you need to swap over is the top mounts for the springs for '06-'07 struts to fit, and if you're just doing dampers you'd be swapping that over anyways.

If getting new parts while doing it, just get the top pieces to match '08-'11.

Struts from earlier years fit in the same manner, but need the addition of Massive's "Omni kit" to fit the front knuckles.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info.

My car has 87K miles, and struts/shocks still feel good. Getting the rear sway bar only, and maybe poly mounts for the front would be cheaper than the whole Eibach kit.

I was looking at getting the SPC Focus Adjustable Rear Upper Camber Arm also.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Clamp on kits are avail. for mounting a rear bar, often recommended to have them welded on after mounting to avoid possible squeaks - not required.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Steve at TASCA/ (previously Tousley Ford Steve) recommended me to actually get the FRPP Dampers rather than the stock ones if I went back to my stock springs. He said they are cheaper. I have had the FRPP suspension on my car for about 4 years now and the ride is starting to feel quite rough so I'm probably going to get new FRPP shocks and struts anyways. I'm debating leaving the FRPP springs on my car or going back to the stock springs.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So, if I bought these Ford Racing Performance Damper Kit for '06-07 Ford Focus (M-18000-ZX3B ), my Eibach 08-11 springs wouldn't work, so I would need these springs H&R Sport Springs for 7/18/05-'07 Focus (51666) (Avg Low 1.4"F 1.3"R )? Is this all I would need?

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
So, if I bought these Ford Racing Performance Damper Kit for '06-07 Ford Focus (M-18000-ZX3B ), my Eibach 08-11 springs wouldn't work, so I would need these springs H&R Sport Springs for 7/18/05-'07 Focus (51666) (Avg Low 1.4"F 1.3"R )? Is this all I would need?
You could use them. You will just have to either re-use your top hats that currently on the car or buy new ones that are for the 08-11 springs.

2008-2011 Ford Focus Strut Mounting Kit - KYB SM5607 - Front - PartsGeek.com

·
Registered
739 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
only thing I have so far, is Eibach 08-11 springs. I bought these right far buying my coupe 2.5years ago, just haven't had time to install them yet.

I haven't bought the struts/shocks yet.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts