Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I'm looking to completely upgrade my entire suspension. I'm looking at the SVT damper kit: http://www.massivespeedsystem.com/ford_racing/ford_racing_svt_style_dampers_strut_shock_kits/mcss9473/i-1893239.aspx, but I noticed this does not come with the SVT springs. I'm not looking to drastically lower my car, as the roads in NJ are pretty crappy. Where can I find SVT springs to go with this kit & will it work? Are there similar springs to go with this kit that will mate up just fine?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Most ppl go w/ the 1.5'' drop springs w/ those dampers. I'd just use those dampers & get the frpp 1.5'' springs & then run a 205/55r16 tires.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. What if I didn't want that much of a drop? I heard the SVT springs are .5" - .75"? Also, would a 1.5" drop be considered an aggressive drop?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Finding SVT springs separately in new condition might be a search currently, not sure who might have them.

One thing to remember is the need for earlier model spring top plates/bearings when using earlier model springs/struts in your '08.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts