Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Looks awesome brad. Now you just need to make those vents functional...
LOL - don't think I haven't be considering that.

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I guess I should mention that I also re-painted the black. I mixed that myself with an opaque black and pearlescent airbrush medium. You can't see it in the pictures but up close and in person there's a nice little sparkle in the black that matches up nicely with the Metallic Vista Blue.

Thanks again for all the nice comments, I can't tell you what it means to me to be complimented on my work. It's you guys/gals that keep me thinking - what next!

1. Make those vents functional
2. Overlay the dash and other interior trim with Carbon Fiber (anyone got any extra money laying around) [rofl]

·
Registered
288 Posts
Very cool! DEF an improvement.

·
Registered
484 Posts
i just blacked out my chrome grill thanks to you, i went with a flat black though. Next up is the fender vents. For me, using a spray can will be easiest, because thats what i did on the grill and it turned out good. I can only find it from automotivetouchup.com for $20 plus $8 shipped for a 12 oz. can. that is A LOT more than i'm going to need.

Do you know of any alternatives? I don't really want to spend 30 dollars on just painting my vents, when ill need only like 2oz max. will the touch up bottle work or be too much of a pain in the butt?
Any other vista blues wanna split the can or something?

On a side note, Brad did you take the pic of what the holes look like behind the fender vent. Maybe i can just plaster over it and paint over it? or would that be a bad direction to go in?

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You could fill in the holes and paint over it (there are 5 holes to fill). Just depends on how good you are with that kinda stuff. I used an airbrush to do mine, so a 2oz bottle was plenty, with lots left over. You just need someway to spray 'em, like buying a 2oz bottle and trying to brush it on - I just don't see that working.

We're having our annual "Focus Wild-Night-Out" get together on June 13th at our house. If you leave now you could make it and I'll spay them for you!! And I guarantee you will win the "traveled farthest" door prize. We're expecting some 40 people at his point. Going to be a blast!!! [driving][driving] [woot] [cheers] [woot] [cheers]

21 - 27 of 27 Posts