Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed poly trailing arm bushings for the 08+? The current ones offered are for 00-06. I'm not sure if they are the same size on the newer model.

·
Registered
79 Posts
They are the same oem- replacement parts number across the years, so the poly's fit. Sure wish the aftermarket would update their info. Easiest way to check is to reference sites like RockAuto, Moog, Raybestos, etc. I used EnergySuspension bushings.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^Did you need to press the OEM ones out?

·
Registered
79 Posts
With the trailing arm bushings you'll need to reuse the outer metal sleeve and the center pin so you'll have to cut it out or burn it out. Believe me it's easier to press them out if you can find someone to do it. I ended up buying a 20 ton press from Harbor Freight because I couldn't find any one who was willing to do them or wanted more money than I spent on the press to install them with no gaurantee. Do the search here and on the other site and if your still wanting to do it forget about cutting out the pin or using a torch to burn out the pin, do like I did and use an old metal oil drain pan or something similar start a small fire in it and place the arm in it, let the fire do the work. Clean up your parts, repaint and install. Do the search!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts