Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some odd reason im confused on this. Quick story short. My rear spring that came with the coilovers DOES NOT FIT the rear subframe. The Diameter of the spring will not fit. I know for a fact that the springs with the part number that ended with "F" were installed in the front. But these have a different style part number as stated in pictures. (HRF 140-60-060) I need help quick. Are these suppost to be the front springs?

Here is pictures.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Can't get a whole pix's. Any way does the front one's work? Or fit right? Front one's should be about 2.5'' diameter, & taller than the rear's. You should able to side the front spring onto the spring prech, & put the strut mount on. For the rear there is a adjustable mount that goes on the lower control arm, for your height adjustment. Looking at the 2nd pix, look's like you have the spring in right, w/ the adjustable mount. You could check w/ ''Miles" at Tirerack for sure thou.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
mine is the same exact way and i was wondering the same thing. i'm running the helper springs unlike you but i wonder if there is some sort of part that needs to go above the spring.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cmmike1 - the helper springs are for the front. I've got in contact with CFM (who i purchased them from) and William stated they are sending me new springs that will fit the rear subframe. Get in contact with who u bought it through and tell them your issue.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
do you have a part number for the springs they are sending you? i was always under the impression that the helpers were for the rear ive seen it installed like that on others cars. i'm going to have to research this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts