Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this question has probably been asked before but is there a way to make a vortech supercharger or a procharger work on a 09 coupe my buddy has two of them and i am thinking about trying to fab something up to make it work but if anyone has any ideas or can help to see if this is remotely possible i would appreciate it some info thanks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
OK well I'm not an expert on this but from what I've heard (dont quote me on this) its not possible, for reasons I'm not really sure. I was interested in an SC a while ago and looked into a bit and didnt find anybody saying it would work. I would wait for more responses though. (like I said, I'm no expert)

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
The problem with running a SC on the duratec is room. There is just not alot of room under the hood to put the SC. I know there is a SC for the Mazdas. You might be able to use that and mod it to work on the Focus. The thing is by the time you do all the fab to make it work, you might as well have just went with a turbo.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem with running a SC on the duratec is room. There is just not alot of room under the hood to put the SC. I know there is a SC for the Mazdas. You might be able to use that and mod it to work on the Focus. The thing is by the time you do all the fab to make it work, you might as well have just went with a turbo.
psurive what setup do u run on your car and what does it run and how much power did u make with your setup i would like to be in low 13s with a decent budget is it possible?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
psurive what setup do u run on your car and what does it run and how much power did u make with your setup i would like to be in low 13s with a decent budget is it possible?

·
Registered
318 Posts
The only problem with that is that speed isn't cheap gas special maint, etc. But I'm pretty sure it I would be worth it. I'm pretty close to turbo charging my autox if I cant find someone to trade me for a manual.
You wanna know aroun how much you are looking for a decent - but quality and reliality with speed $4500 shipped for the basic setup and the gains depend what transmission you have automatic you an run 13psi and that's pushing it and you would get about 215 awhp that's the most the trans would handle,on the other hand I know if you do a manual trans with the same psi would be like 225-245 awhp. Not an expert or anything jus what I have seen and asked fswerks. An we are talking about the 2.0 duratecs.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I have the FSWerks stage 2 with the GT28RS @ 11psi. It was shipped to my door for $4200. Haven't dyno'd it yet. I'm going to put a 3" downpipe, Cossie IM, and WMI on first. I have a manual. I wouldn't go over 8 psi with an auto if that's what you have.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
oh JoshInHisFocus92 is definitely correct. With the added power adds more maintenance. FSW recommends changing your plugs every other oil change. Every oil change I go over all the piping to make sure all the clamps are tight and check the exhaust manifold bolts to make sure they are not loose. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
oh one more thing, lol. You're going to need a wideband and boost gauge so add those to the total.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yeah PSUrivie is right, if you don't want to worry about your trans in autoX you probably wouldn't wanna go above 8psi, and the $4200 is for the basic and there are still little extra that are nice like LSD cluthes[for the manual trans] it all depends what you are looking for and or need it for. Let me know if you hve any other question if you have autox I wuldnt mind to take any questions.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah PSUrivie is right, if you don't want to worry about your trans in autoX you probably wouldn't wanna go above 8psi, and the $4200 is for the basic and there are still little extra that are nice like LSD cluthes[for the manual trans] it all depends what you are looking for and or need it for. Let me know if you hve any other question if you have autox I wuldnt mind to take any questions.
no i got a manual now as far as tuning it i know fswerks gives u the turner how hard is it to tune it yourself and how is ur trans holding up psurivie thats my biggest concern is the trans

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
The tranny is fine and I've been on the stock clutch since April. I'm going to buy an Exedy stage 1 over the winter. As far as tuning all you need to do is datalog. Randy will take care of the rest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts