Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
thats a nice find, i havent seen anything like that for the 08 ^... but i havent really been looking, but ive never seen someone use one...

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
both metra and scosche make a kit for it (scosche FD1437B) (metra 99-5816). I perfer the metra one as the curve in the middle under the radio is still there (btw I have this kit in my car and like it, no problems). the scosche one makes the line go straight through the radio and just looks a lil tacky to me. metra also makes a harness (AFSI-02) that will retain the factory sync options as long as your afterarket headunit has and auxilary input. both kits can be had for about $30 and the harness for about $110.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
jon and chris, you guys should post up pics of your dashes with this in there. not to thread jack, but im curious to see this. why did you do this and get rid of your sync?

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
I did it cause I love the deck I have and to build a full stereo. and who says I got rid of the sync.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
yeah, metra makes a harness that keeps it with the steering wheel controls, usb and aux, and upper display

·
Registered
0 Posts
yeah I got to experience an aftermarket deck install with sync this past week using probably the same harness, it actually works rather well surprisingly

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
I did it cause I love the deck I have and to build a full stereo. and who says I got rid of the sync.

wow looks good, ive never seen an 08^ with a new head unit... looks sweet!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Ill post mine later tonight or tomorrow. Im not home right now. Only thing that will make it a little harder to compare them is the fact that I painted mine black to match the rest of the interior that I have done. Also I did not pay the $110 for the harness that kept the aux jack (I only have the S no usb or sync) and I dont have sync, never did. But the harness I did get from my Circuit City only cost me $4 well with employee discount its like 15 otherwise.

·
Registered
484 Posts
kipp is definitely the one to talk to, he helped me out a lot on this subject. crutchfield has excellent customer service, ive bought stuff from there so i can tell you that first hand. i just got off the phone with one of their reps and the kit they sell is made by metra. this is probably the best one out there right now and for $30 you cant beat it. if you do buy it online, mention that you talked to "scooter", he took the time to find the kit and see who made it, the least i can do is mention his name. look at kipp's previous post for the adapters, i havent found the one that allows steering wheel controls, but i think that is head unit- specific.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
yeah, if you want to be able to use the steering wheel controls to control the after market deck then you'll need an interface that is made for that specific deck as well as having a wired remote input on the deck. If you get the harness to keep the sync then the steering wheel control will still work for the sync

·
Banned
23 Posts
So you can still use your sync with a new headunit? I am thinking about putting a doubledin touch screen in and still want to be able to use my sync. So this is possible?

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
yes it is possible with the metra harness and an aftermarket headunit with an auxilary input

·
Registered
193 Posts
So does this harness alow all of sync to work(bluetooth)? All i use sync for is my phone.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
yes it allows full sync use. bluetooth, usb, aux plug. and uses steering wheel controls for the sync system

·
Big Blue 2.0
1,634 Posts
does it still allow the data of what's playing to be displayed on the screen?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts