Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove an '07 ZX3 SES today and it did not have the daytime running lights on. Is there something different between the '05 (and '06?) and the '07? I've counted 3 differences including this. 12 A/C cover is different, ST model offers painted door handles, and now the daytime running lights aren't there.

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
my 05 doesn't have daytime running lights

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok wait you guys are confusing me. My headlights immediately turn on when I start the car regardless of the fact that the light switch is in the OFF position. Isn't that daytime running lights?

·
Registered
538 Posts
So I guess Ford didn't go with the minor design changes scene in Car and Driver. This could be a good sign, that possible the C170 comes to the US in 08! (Crosses fingers, knocks on wood)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
madmark10 said:
did you buy your car new or used?
Used w/low mileage. But it was a trade-in from a normal customer not a rental agency. It actually drives me crazy to have my damn headlights on when I turn the car on.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why the hell would someone mod that? It's stupid. lol I'd rather have my fogs on than my headlights. I guess I could take a look at my fusebox and see if something's different? Or what can I do?

My Focus was manufactured 06/2004--if that means anything.

·
Registered
528 Posts
simple, move the relay #13 (the one people remove for fog light mod) And replace it 1 up in the free space right above it, TA DA! daytime running lights, I discovered this accidently, but, I believe it gets rid of foglights, but then you can always get a relay for that, or vise versa, you can actually get a relay for daytime running lights from Ford.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Kaduku said:
simple, move the relay #13 (the one people remove for fog light mod) And replace it 1 up in the free space right above it, TA DA! daytime running lights, I discovered this accidently, but, I believe it gets rid of foglights, but then you can always get a relay for that, or vise versa, you can actually get a relay for daytime running lights from Ford.
My Fogs work when I turn them on so maybe I have TWO relays? I'm going to go check that real quick. [eek]

*edit*

RL13 (relay #13) is the Fog Light relay...but RL14 isn't even "available" in my car. It has the basic slots for the prongs on the relay but there is no connections inside the relay socket to make contact with the relay prongs. Anyone have any other ideas? God I hate daytime running lights.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Kaduku said:
Gotta do that... You should make a now-to, every once and a while I randomly wonder if that's possible then forget I wanted to. I got pulled over for driving without my headlights on once and searched for crack, so I'm not such a fan of driving with my lights off...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nevermind, problem solved. RL12 (relay #12) is apparently the daytime running light relay. I removed this relay completely and *poof* they didn't come on. Started the car and tested all the lights and everything's a-ok.

Remember kids, if you have DRL (daytime running lights) and don't want them remove relay #12.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Having the same auto market with Canadians has some advantages, eh? [:)] I wish they also required yellow turn lights and side repeaters. The rear bumper with reverse lights would have no choice but to follow...

·
Registered
250 Posts
In canada, it is a must on all new cars to have daytime running lights. All new vehicules are supposed to have it up here.
I modded mine so the fogs come on instead of the headlights ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.