Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally got just about everything done on the car I want, besides the rims since this happens to be the series with the most limited choices.

Mods:
- Anzo Halo / Projector / CCFL Headlights
- Fog lights added; 6000k HID 35w
- Switch for fogs / halo rings (Will be a picture soon; a fog lamp blew and I'm being sent another pair)
- Smoked 3rd brake light
- 35% tint on the front, 10% around the back, sun strip
- Custom painted tail lights ~20% light
- Short throw shifter & after market knob (Still need to figure out what to do for the boot as it's far too big)
- Grille insert
- 1000w sub
- Kenwood head unit
- Rear view camera with a 7" monitor
- Steeda cold air intake
- Magnaflow cat-back exhaust
- Blue dome light
- 96cm long blue LED strip trunk light

Attachments

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,121 Posts
That first picture makes it look like a five hundred. What kind of rims are you looking to get? Have a favorite mod?

I have been thinking about adding some rain guards, how do you like them?

Nice looking car, think about debadging?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rims, I'm not sure. I might not do anything with it yet. I need to get a hitch system and a trailer built so I can use my quad, and I'm going to be doing work on the quad. So, the car is on hold for a while.

The favorite mod would probably be the fogs to be honest. The 6000k bulbs provide a great view, they look great, and it looks pretty good with the halos visually (should get the replacement bulbs today or tomorrow and then I'll do a picture).

The rain guards are pretty nice, and they're easy to install. It's fairly noticeable in terms of being in the car with the light they block and for the rain as well. I like them.

I haven't really thought about debadging. Any ideas for a different grill with doing that? Or about how I would go about doing it on the rear?

·
Registered
359 Posts
What headlights are those? I've been trying to get ideas for some replacements.
I'm not a fan of the grill insert, with the car being so dark it just sticks out quite a bit.

But, not my car though, looks like a good start[thumb]

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,121 Posts
Just look at different grills on google to see one you like. Debadge the focus on the back an either put on the car somewhere else or just leave it off. For the rear just a heat gun or blow dryer and some floss. Warm it up and take your time. Then run off any extra glue and give it a wipe with alcohol or clay bar to get the rest off. Pretty easy 15 minute job.

Yeah a car is not a truck that's for sure. Seen a mustang haul a boat once. Should handle a quad just fine.

What bran rain guards do you have?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just look at different grills on google to see one you like. Debadge the focus on the back an either put on the car somewhere else or just leave it off. For the rear just a heat gun or blow dryer and some floss. Warm it up and take your time. Then run off any extra glue and give it a wipe with alcohol or clay bar to get the rest off. Pretty easy 15 minute job.

Yeah a car is not a truck that's for sure. Seen a mustang haul a boat once. Should handle a quad just fine.

What bran rain guards do you have?
The rain guards are AVS.
As for towing, I'm going to make a small trailer with a friend that's fit to what I need, and between the trailer and wheeler. Won't be bad to tow I'd imagine.

As for debadging, I'd have to find one of the tutorials for the front grill as there are no produced grills without the badge. The rear one, if I found something to put there or just plugged the hole, I'm sure I could find out how to do it.

What's that little tail pipe?
Not sure where the tone of this is, but it's a 3" tip from the Magnaflow

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,121 Posts
Sorry, by debadge I mean take off the "focus" and "se". As for the grill I don't think you can take it off without a custom fabrication. You could do it on the 05-07 grill since they don't have turn signals if that's the route you want to go.

Are the AVS brand good, get faded over time?
It shouldn't be to bad to do. Just getting a tow hitch on your car will be the biggest thing.

You could always cover the emblem with plastidip. Don't know if you have heard of that yet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As, I see what you mean. Well, like I said, I might do it once I look into it to see just what I'll have to do. I have heard of the plastidip, but I just hate tint and body jobs like that. I would like to do something to the car though because of the many scratches and minor dents from the previous owner. I really don't know how people manage to do that to their cars.

I just got the rain guards a couple weeks ago, but they're doing good so far.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,121 Posts
I have had 3 dents in 2 years. One was from parking to close to a cart coral in a parking lot. Huge scrape on my hood. Other was from my mirror hitting a construction cone merging onto a one lane highway. Car wouldn't get over...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It sucks, especially when it's your fault. But it's usually someone else.

For example, the only thing that I've done / had happen, which wasn't even my fault, was that when I was still driving my Cavalier, I had it parked at work. And one of the morons backed his truck into my car and dented the hood. Luckily, it didn't damage the latch or anything else, but the replacement (painted) hood he gave me was done (the paint job to match the car) awfully.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts