Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I finally ordered fog light bezels, lighting assemblies, and a set of HIDs for the fog lights. I wired them in parallel with my Halos; simple as I just had to hit the connection points about a foot away.

The problem and question I have deals with the actual mounting of the fog lights. The light assembly bracket has 3 spots that connect to the car. Two of them hit on the bezel and one hits the bumper on the bottom. The lights did not come with screws, and the connection points on the bezel appear to not be able to be screwed in. How are these lights supposed to be secured?

I have a temporary screw on the bottom right now, but it's too large. My biggest thing is securing it to the bezel. If anyone has pictures of an 05-07 series, that would be helpful. Or if you knew the parts I needed.

·
Registered
609 Posts
On 05-07 vehicles the fog lights are mounted to a bracket which mounts to the bumper. The bezel is just to give a hole for the light to shine through and is attached to the bumper using 2 nuts. The fog light and the bezel are not secured together, and at least on my 06 ZXW, shouldn't be in direct contact should be a slight gap between the bezel and fog light.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
If your set up looks like this , this is how mine mounts up but I have the SAP (Sports Appearance Package ) .

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine has the bracket to attached the fog light, non SAP.

I found the gap between the bezel and fog light to be an appearance strange method, but it works since I'm running HIDs.

The bracket has 3 points of contact. 2 are on the bezel and 1 is on the bumper. Again, weird because there is no way to secure the top.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Well it has been almost 3 months since I installed the fog lights on my own car so I forgot where exactly the top 2 screws mounted to. None the less, 3 points is all you need for support, think of a tripod, same concept of 3 points of contact to hold. With the bezel properly secured to the bumper the 2 screws that attaches the fog light to the bezel provide enough support. I wouldn't worry about it, as there are some cars going on 10 years now with the setup, if there was any issues with it there would be reports of it by now.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
This is what I got from my alldatadyi subscription

1 - 6 of 6 Posts