Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people! I am getting ready to lower my car for my next mod. However, I wanted some of your expert adivice first. I already have the eibach pro kit for the 07 st but I am still trying to figure which way to go. I saw that H&R has a cup kit on focussport's website. I was also thinking since I already have the ebiach pro kit I could buy the tokico shocks from CFM motorsports and it would end up being cheaper. Please give me your thoughts on which way to go thanks![headbang]

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I’m guessing the Ebach Kit is just a set of springs? Any idea how stiff they are?

I did the Ford racing spring on the stock struts. I like the amount it lowed the car, over all the ride is pretty good maybe a little under dampened for my personal liking but I think in no way is it bouncy. Maybe we’ll get lucky and an adjustable set of Tokico’s will come out.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
H&R addjustable coilovers...love it great performance upgrade. I had the same Eibach's on my 07 ZX3 and whent to these and love em'

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does the frrp lower it like 1.5 and whats the part number on that kit when you guys get a chance thanks!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didnt know ford racing had them out for the 07 cause on their site they only show the svt kit. I will have to look in to that!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
talk to mike a hilbish ford from this site....he will sell the kit and assemble the springs and dampers for you elliminating the need for a spring compressor

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
focus112 how much does the ford racing kit lower it. Oh by the way your ride looks really nice. I have the svt wheels as well but in silver. Nice stang as well!

·
Registered
13 Posts
It would be pretty silly for you to get the FRPP performance shocks/struts since all they are is the ST ones. You would just be buying stock replacement shock/struts thinking you were upgrading. FRPP has the Dynamic shocks/struts but will be too stiff for the pro springs unless you get the springs to match. If you want a true upgrade just get the Tokico's.

·
Registered
743 Posts
the frpp kit is supposed to lower 1.5". it is a nice drop if you drive your car quite a bit.
it's low but still has the same ride quality as stock. i just put mine in about a week ago.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
k now im confused one says the frpp is a stock replacement on others are saying it lowers 1.5?

·
Registered
743 Posts
the frpp does lower the car. i have them on my car right now. haha.

but if you have the money for coilovers, go ahead and get those. I would have those if i
werent a poor college student

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can you guys not read or just not know anything about cars? I said the FRPP shocks/struts are just Ford ST shock/struts. I said nothing about the springs!!! Yes the FRPP springs lower the car 1.5", but he already has springs and he is looking for new shock/struts!! DO NOT GET FRPP SHOCK/STRUTS FOR YOUR ST, BECAUSE THEY ARE JUST STOCK ST COMPONENTS THAT FORD RACING SALES AS PERFORMANCE!! If some one has a basic Focus than the stock ST shock/struts would be an upgrade and that is why FRPP sales them as performance, but why would someone with a ST buy them? "just buy coilovers abd be done with it" is bad advice unless they are going to fork over the money for you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts