Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got this other 07 ST I'm looking at (link below) and the guy says it's got some issues hes not sure what they are but they include low oil pressure possibly because of worn bearing and whining from worn pulley. It only has 49k on it!?! WTH? I'm hopin there could be something else that would be an easy fix. Let me know what u guys think cus it's down to this overused a clean title or a 07 with 53k miles and the rear sap bumper but salvage title for $6k. Thanks fellas

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/2614885296.html

·
slow
1,734 Posts
Low oil pressure sounds like bad news...

Worn bearings would be from running hard, without enough oil, etc. Not the other way around.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if I go this route what are my cheapest but best options? What would need to be fixed?

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Unless your prepared to replace the engine with another 2.3L I would steer clear.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So that's the only solution for it? Replace the engine?

·
slow
1,734 Posts
So that's the only solution for it? Replace the engine?
If the bearings are gone, swapping in a good used engine is likely the most cost effective route. I can't comment much more, as I don't have any experience with rebuilding engines.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
There are other car's out there, you just have to look!

I've got this other 07 ST I'm looking at (link below) and the guy says it's got some issues hes not sure what they are but they include low oil pressure possibly because of worn bearing and whining from worn pulley. It only has 49k on it!?! WTH? I'm hopin there could be something else that would be an easy fix. Let me know what u guys think cus it's down to this overused a clean title or a 07 with 53k miles and the rear sap bumper but salvage title for $6k. Thanks fellas

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/2614885296.html
That should be the price for a car that run great w/ no problem's. Look else where, beside's craig's list, & don't be afraid to travel either. I've done that before. There should be a few car's w/ in 500-1000 mile's from you. Don't be in a hurry & just on the 1st one either!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Pass on salvage title for 6000 grand as well.
Keep looking,You will find something nice for that kind of money!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I just found an 05 ST with 122k miles for $3,995 but I don't want that many miles. Damn u SoCal... Why did I drag my feet with that SAP 06 ST clean title with every option and 51k miles for only $8k.....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah I just found an 05 ST with 122k miles for $3,995 but I don't want that many miles. Damn u SoCal... Why did I drag my feet with that SAP 06 ST clean title with every option and 51k miles for only $8k.....
Unfortunately you just gotta be patient yet be able to immediately jump on a deal when you see one. I was lucky and got my 05 st original owner with 22k miles (i kid you not, he lived 2 miles from work...which is at a ford dealer so guess where all the service was done! [thumb]), and all service records driven by an older gentleman for 8k. Now that's not an everyday find but still, if you wait enough you'll find what you're looking for. I was close to pulling the trigger on an 03 svtf with 75k miles for more money too haha. Good luck man, just hang in there!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah right now it suck but I'm looking at 2, a 05 ST clean title with 122k miles for $3500 OBO or a 03 SVTF 5 door with 103k miles for $5500 OBO so if nothing else comes I might end up doing that 05 ST n give him like $2800 cash then find a engine off FJ or FF

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
That will give you the change to up grade from the beginning!

Yeah right now it suck but I'm looking at 2, a 05 ST clean title with 122k miles for $3500 OBO or a 03 SVTF 5 door with 103k miles for $5500 OBO so if nothing else comes I might end up doing that 05 ST n give him like $2800 cash then find a engine off FJ or FF
That also give's you the option to build or have a motor built up, you know. Cfm has rod's/ piston's/ring's/ cam's & a lot more. F/W's has a stock ranger crank's = 5lbs less rotating weight=160.00 & the also have stock rod's/piston's/ring's for 160.00, if you want to do a cheap quality build. They also have a lot of nice upgrade's too. Maybe I should be looking at internal upgrade's too! Wow![thumb]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts