Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea 2 of my friends have an 07 mustang. there are both stock but 1 is a 5 speed and the other is a auto. and both of them want to race my zx3. well whats on my zx3 is as followed

JBA headers
short shift 5 speed
cat-back borla
front and back sway bars
wrap around wing

its not alot but i was just woundering what do yall think about if i race both of them??? would i bet both of the??? would i bet the auto stang??? give me yalls opinion on the other come please??

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
07 mustang OR 00 zx3

yea 2 of my friends have an 07 mustang. there are both stock but 1 is a 5 speed and the other is a auto. both of them have v6s and both of them want to race my zx3. well whats on my zx3 is as followed

JBA headers
short shift 5 speed
cat-back borla
front and back sway bars
wrap around wing

its not alot but i was just woundering what do yall think about if i race both of them??? would i bet both of the??? would i bet the auto stang??? give me yalls opinion on the other come please??

·
Registered
154 Posts
They will both own you. All you have is exhaust. The other things will not help in a straight line race. The shifter will provide minimal help.

The V6 stang can run 14's stock with a good driver. I doubt your focus is running 14's.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
a zetec focus with exhaust work wont keep up at all. Maybe if the 5 speeds never driven a stick before and youre a master. but... yeah

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Those V6's produce 210 horsepower and 240 foot-pounds of torque, though they are heavy, but with a good driver the V6 would beat you. Go for the auto if you want to win.

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
You'll lose. My friend was driving a v6 rental mustang for a while and me and him raced from a roll and we were dead even the entire time.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Yea, the older ones were dogs, but the newer ones can actually move quite a bit, even the auto will beat you. If you had an svt, you might have a closer match but still might not beat them.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
take them in a twisties race not a straight line and you'd probably win then but if not then i doubt you will...but hey i say do it anyway, who cares if you win or lose, you cant always win every race

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
i tried racing a GT haha, no good

·
Subcompact Fanatic
2,175 Posts
If that does happen, then you need to get friends that don't car on how fast a car can go. Friends don't let friends race unless it is on a race track.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
[dunno] I can walk on v6 mustangs all day long, no matter the year [dunno]

·
WOOT!!!
1,408 Posts
yeah i tried racing a GT as well but lost.. now a v6... all day

1 - 20 of 28 Posts