Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a squeak that sounds like it's coming from my right rear top shock mount. So far,I've replaced my rear shocks,installed cfm shims,and lubed every bushing under the car and it still squeaks! At this point I've completely emptied my little bag of tricks... Please help![dunno]

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Maybe sway bar bushings? (Where the sway bar mounts to the sub frame and where the sway bar connects to the lower suspension arm.)

·
Registered
282 Posts
My 07 SES ZX3 had a sqeak and it ended up being the rear brake lines flexing with the suspension.... never could get it to stop...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well,I can rule that out,my car doesn't have a sway bar but the noise certainly is annoying!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Rear brake lines through their carriers was a "tsb" for some years....

Checking them and adding some rubber to isolate couldn't hurt....(zip tie sone bicycle inner tube around them if you need to for example...)

Another stranger source (at least one you wouldn't think of...) is the E-brake cable holder INSIDE the car under the rear seat...

SOME people just turned it over to make it hold better, others lubed it... it's NOT where you'd look first for such a noise.... BUT it's a common issue....

Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts