Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I got a 07 focus on the has previously been able to start no problem with the AC on but it seems now that when I have it on the car won’t even crank over at all and I’ve checked all my relays I’ve checked the battery. I’ve even got a brand new alternator so I know it’s not that. I’m wondering if this is a wiring issue? Hopefully someone can help, thanks!

·
Registered
18,623 Posts
The a/c is not on at start even if it's on at switch, the computer has to decide the engine is running before it turns it on. Computer knows a/c clutch on is an added load.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
07 is a MK1/1.5 (youre in the MK2 forum)

When it doesnt crank what is the battery voltage?

Does it alway crank/start with the AC off?

Paul
I had to take the battery out to work on it today and saw underneath the battery cables were corroded so I cleaned it up and I’m hoping that will fix it. I’ll give an update with the battery voltage next time it happens, thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The a/c is not on at start even if it's on at switch, the computer has to decide the engine is running before it turns it on. Computer knows a/c clutch on is an added load.
I know I never try to start it with the ac on. Sometimes I just hope it and go but I just thought it was weird it wouldn’t crank over.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I have 2.0 it’s a mk2 from what I’ve read
In North America:
MK1 - 00-04
MK1.5 (MK1 facelift) - 05-07
MK2 - 08-11
MK3 - 12+

If you have a 07 in North America its a MK1.5 2.0L Duratec engine

If you are NOT in North America then a 07 (04-11) is a MK2. See, simple.

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts