Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just did my first race in my new-to-me focus. Was pretty exciting. I'm in STS and currently have cheap road tires and stock suspension. Previous owner put in a high flow exhaust and CAI, but that's about it. Had fun picking a back wheel up off the ground in a fast turn and feel like I did pretty good considering.

Still waiting on the results but the top spot in my class ran a 47.xxx while I had a 53.2xx +1, cone jumped right at me....54.1xx with no cones injured. If I can figure out how to attach a video I'll put one up. In the meantime, enjoy this cone smashing gif, lol.

Attachments

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Great your having fun & as you found the foci is a pretty good handling machine.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Results are out and I was closer than I thought, fastest (1st place) in STS was 49.624 with mine being 4.558 seconds off at 54.183, the cone run was 53.246+1. I'm looking for a set of wheels and tires to hopefully close that gap a bit. So much fun. Also, here's a couple videos of my last run, one from the gopro mounted on my driver door.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Congrats! its addictive and make you push your self and your car. Try to ask experienced people if they can ride with you or you ride with them and see what kind of lines they take and feedback they can give you.

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
You will definitely enjoy it. I feel like my mk1 Focus was much more fun to autocross albeit less competitive especially once they eliminated STF as a class. I recommend learning to drive on less competitive street tires for a season before jumping to the hot 200TW tire because it will teach you the limits of the car and better driving habits that can be masked by the 200TW tires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tips, I was chatting up all the more experienced guys. Got some good info. Worked during the first heat so no rides there but good conversation, had a couple ride alongs during my runs. Over all lots of fun, looking to get into rally also, maybe a track day here and there.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
If you do a track day here and there it may not be much of an issue but if you do more than one or two check your hubs, they are known to brake under heavy track use when using a sticky tire.

I have broken two before going with a billet machined hub solution vs the cast hubs.

Not sure how that relates to Rally.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good to know, thanks magus. Do you have specific ones you like/sources for them? Sounds like a good investment after I get everything else up to snuff.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for that info, I'll read through that a bit and keep an eye on it in case another group buy happens.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Thanks for that info, I'll read through that a bit and keep an eye on it in case another group buy happens.
They also occasionally come up for sale as people choose to go different directions or are looking to get some cash.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Hahaha I do have a extra spare set already pressed in with Ford Bearings and in '05 knuckles... :) but those are incase my track car goes through a set.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have 2 sets of billet hubs from the last group buy Mike organized. My plans for my 04 SVT have changed and I’d be willing to part with one set. They are dual drilled for both the 4x108 & 4x100 bolt patterns. Although I’m not sure if the 04 SVT hub will fit the 07 spindle.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wouldn't figure you'd get rid of yours magus, lol, nice that you have an extra set.

I'll look into whether or not those will work, maybe someone here will just know. What are you thinking for price?

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
I think someone posted on the Focus page on Facebook that the bearings are the same from 00-11. Would be good to double check. You can easily go to Rockauto and then see if the bearing part number is the same between the 00-04 as it is for the 07.

I belive it is. but before you drop $600+ I would double check with someone else.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I paid $650 per set of hubs, but would sell them for $625 shipped (I’m assuming you are in the US).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts