Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, anyone who lives in any part of the world that receives regular treatments of rock salt during the winter months knows that the passenger side suspension/drivetrain will corrode into one solid piece rivaling the bonding strength of welding and brazing. In my quest to replace the rear main crank seal, clutch/flywheel/slave, lower mount, ball joints, control arm bushings, cv axles, and support bearing... I noticed a fracture in the bracket that houses the passenger axle support bearing. When I removed the axle and investigated further, it was indeed a clean stress crack. I tapped it with a hammer and one piece became two (so it was obviously in rough shape). My problem is that I cannot find a replacement part number, exploded diagram, or even a "proper" name for this part. The stamping on this piece reads as follows FOMOCO N006S 684 but returned no results when searching.

I have found replacement support bearing brackets for 08+ cars (pn 4S4Z-3K305-AA) that are basically a foot with 3 mounting bolts and half of the bearing surface with two studs (like the big end of a connecting rod) and the other side would be a stamped retainer. However, the bracket I have/had is only a single piece. What I am asking is if this is the right bracket or if someone could point me to a replacement passenger axle support bracket/retainer/bearing part number so I can get that ordered. Back to the car to see what else I can break [gunfire]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Here is what it looks like as a whole. I cannot find a part number anywhere to order this.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Looking at Fordparts.com that piece appears to be part of the inner passenger/right side halfshaft (between the transmission and the bracket) Ford callout # 3A329 . It may be a dealer only or parts yard pulled part as looking at RockAuto and various brick and mortar stores only seems to have the passenger/right side outer halfshaft.

Using Tasca or Village Ford (and a few others as listed in various places on the forum) may be able get you a discount. There are other threads on the site in regards to getting discounts on parts.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...and it all makes sense now! You can't just order the bracket because it was never meant to be a replaceable unit. I suppose I'll have to buy the whole shaft, but what's a few more new parts on the front end anyway? I was getting semi-irritated at not being able to find the right piece. You may have just saved my sanity, marriage, and/or life. Thank you sir!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Just be thankful you have the manual transmission, on auto trans vehicles while the bracket is a separate piece from the passenger halfshaft, the pass halfshaft is listed at $375 from Ford with the bracket + retainer (U piece that bolts to the bracket as it is a 2 piece design) being about $86.

Looking at the Fordparts.com site it can be a bit confusing at times to see what all is needed, but since it is Ford's own site it is the most accurate once you figure the site out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts