Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 07 2.0 dura has what looks to be a vacume activated valve in the intake runner,, however as i search i can only find info on the 2.3 having this ... my question is did the 2.0 have it. if it is the "swirl valve" i plan on disconecting it and leaving it in the wide open position.. any problems with this idea??

·
Read Only
36 Posts
good question dude i also own a 07 dura and was thinking the same thing but who knows lol i guess give it a day or so and we will find out.

·
Read Only
36 Posts
i may be wrong here but what i read on this site is that with some of our model cars that have the plastic intake (only if you have the plastic intake) the split swirl valves can fracture and fall into the cylinder only after 25k and most all failing by 90k but i think that only applies to the first versions of our car like say 05' and maybe 06' so for now i would not worry about it and hell go and get a cai for it ima do the same just dont forget the bypass valve

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
I have not heard of a single instance of that happening on a Focus, even on early 2003 models. I have taken apart the intake manifold and can't even see how that can happen.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
the motor is tuned for tumble flaps to open and close, if you disconnect and leave them fully open, the motor practically stalls out and doesnt have a good idle.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
2.0L have tumble flaps to create a "swirl" effect, 2.3L have both tumble flaps AND dual length intake manifold runners...i think that is what you are referring to on the 2.3L

and no i've never heard of them breaking off.

and they do nothing but increase performance in an otherwise stock engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts