Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to find a cheap replacement of the clutch and flywheel that others have used im looking for people who actually used what you recommend this is a daily no sort or racing or mods so I just need to find the cheapest possible way to do this the clutch was fried and then was kept trying to drive on so any recommendations are helping with what to buy and any short cuts on the install thank you for your time

w/ my magic bag
You looking for a oem replacement or a aftermarket? You looking for a d/m or one piece type? http://c-f-m.com has a Exedy oem replacement thats uses a one piece flywheel. I'd also replace the throw bearing too. Have you price a clutch kit at your local parts store?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
clutch and flywheel was around 900 which is almost more then the car is worth and illl put anything in it that will last

Registered
I use the LuK 07-196 clutch kit, which is identical to the OE clutch from Ford. I reused my original DM flywheel though.... You can get the LuK 07-196 clutch kit for $221.11 + shipping (at the time I made this post....prices may vary by the minute....) on Amazon. Good luck finding a reasonably priced flywheel though.

Even though I haven't used it myself, I would recommend an Exedy clutch/flywheel kit over the stock clutch and DM flywheel. You'll need to get flywheel bolts for that kit though, but the slave cylinder/throw-out bearing is included in the kit.

w/ my magic bag
OK that could very well be as those sound like dealer ripoff prices.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts