Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know this has been discussed but the auto lock on my car is driving me nuts. Basically any time i shut the doors while the key is in the ignition the doors relock. Basically ensuring that I am locked out. I have to leave the door open or roll down a window. Not the best option in the pacific northwest since it ensures a thorough soaking of the interior by the ever present rain. At first it was annoying but after two tow truck unlocks its gotten damned expensive. I dont need the feature and I followed the programming steps outlined in the thread posted on this site. The module chirped the horn and acted like it accepted the programing change but the doors still lock as long as the ignition is on, or in the run position. Im at the cut wires from the module point but im not sure which wire on the locking module is the ignition trigger. Can some one point me to a diagram/ color chart. I followed the instructions for the earlier technique but ended up with no turn signals until I reconnected it. Thanks all...

·
Registered
34 Posts
One thought before you start cutting wires. Make sure it isnt your key fob. I had a key fob go bad and it was unlocking my hatch randomly.

Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts