Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone I’m trying to do the 2.5 swap into my 06 ZX4 2.0. I need all info about this. I know it’s drop in, but what else am I going to need? Do I need to change my ECU? Do I need to use any of the 2.0 parts? I need as much help as possible with this so thanks everyone

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've not researched your topic but when others have come on here asking the same question, people point them to a multitude of threads on this site where folks have outlined what's needed.

Like I said, I've not personally done the research but based on the credibility of those who've said there is a lot of information on this site for those willing to dig around a little, my suggestion is to do just that.

I've found Googleing "site:www.focusfanatics.com ___" to be helpful when I'm trying to find something specific on this site.

·
FF Affiliate
30,766 Posts
You use the stock ECU and Custom Tune it , I can help with your Tuning ( Focus-Power.com )

You need to change the front cover to a 2.3 Duratec
You need to eliminate the VCT and do adjustable cam gears
I highly recommend going with Cower STG3 cams and Valve springs , Not a must but they add a lot of TQ
You will need a throttle body adapter to adapt the Focus TB to the 2.5 Intake
You will need to eliminate the counter weights in the 2.5 oil pan and plug the oil hole

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts