Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi gang. first real question to post here. when i picked up my silver foci in houston a few weeks ago, i had 1200 miles to learn on the fly about the car. one thing in particular has me stumped, and maybe someone can shed a little light on the subject. i noticed that the engine has a certain "buzz" to it; when stopped at a stop sign or red light, the vibration i got from the motor throughout the car was subtle, yet there, and would actually make my rear view mirror vibrate slightly. am i just used to V6's, or does this engine have a little more shake rattle and roll to it? could the PO have done something with the motor mounts so more vibration is transferred to the chassis? could it be a candidate for the reflash to 07 specs? build date is 01/06, and i am currently with 56k on the odo. the car runs great otherwise, pulls like an angry hornet when asked, and looks stylish with the SAP package. thanks for any suggestions. peace, john

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
The duratec is known for being a little on the louder side at idle (see this thread even lol) so thats probably just normal.

Some vibration is normal, excessive could be caused from a worn out engine mount. You can search around here for more info on those. Unless there are other performance oriented mods done to the car, i doubt the previous owned swapped those out to polly ones (would vibrate a little more noticeably than just a subtle mirror vibration)

I havent heard of the '07 flash helping with vibrations, idle or anything.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Ive played around with the idle on mine with the SCT and it smooths out when its up around 800-1000

Does your car have a tach on the cluster? Whats it ideling at?

When the car is off, push and hold the odometer button and keep it held in as you turn the car on.

Once its on and running continue to hold it till you see "test" on the LCD display. Once you see that keep tapping the odometer reset button till you get to the "digital" tach mine says "t" when i get to the digital tach mode.

Find out what its ideling at.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Welcome

[welcome]It is a four cylinder, being that it is going to have more vib's, compared to a V/6. It is a great engine, has a lot of upgrade's built into it. Good move on your purshase, of a Foci!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts