Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for a while now my vent selector knob has been sticking. I would have to twist it really hard to get off of one of the settings. The other morning I needed it on defrost twisted it really hard and it snapped. Not the knob itself, it is fine. If you take the bezel off, I think it is the portion that is connected directly behind the knob. There is a little silver piece of wire for something sticking out now.

Should be a fairly simple fix. But I wonder if anyone else has had this problem?

My wife's 07 works fine.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wanted to give this one more bump. I am ordering the part today and wanted to see if anyone else has done this and can tell me what to expect.

The part is only $50, and labor for the dealer to do it was another $250... So I am hoping its not too difficult and I can do it myself.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had the exact same problem and I havent been able to figure out what part to get. Could you tell me what to buy in order to fix this, or send me a link to an order page. Thank you

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I think it's part #YH1624.
Best to call the dealer and make sure though. If you describe the problem and give them this part # they should be able to quickly tell you if it's correct or not.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have the sticking issue, but mine is stuck on defrost, so its really not an issue, but Ill probably dig into it at some point.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I have had the exact same problem and I havent been able to figure out what part to get. Could you tell me what to buy in order to fix this, or send me a link to an order page. Thank you
I think it's part #YH1624.
Best to call the dealer and make sure though. If you describe the problem and give them this part # they should be able to quickly tell you if it's correct or not.
Hi collinj66,

As iminhell says, give your dealership's parts department a call and they'll be able to verify the part number for you. Additionally, you can order the part through them or at http://www.fordparts.com.

Have a great weekend!
Crystal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts