Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i only found one full suspension kit and its the H&R from focussport. Are there any other options for my car for maybe cheaper? i heard maybe saleen kit but i can not find it anywhere. $700 seems a little high for me to lower the car, and while im at it should i do the 1.5" H&R kit if thats what i have to go with? Thanks guys

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to Eibach, all i saw was lowering springs, not full suspension kits. Link to where i can find it? I don't want to just put on lowering springs, i'd rather do everything in one kit, if i cant get one kit can you lead me to where i can piece each part out?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
frpp kit from b16 on here... aroune 360 for the whole kit with the front susp assembled for you. 1.5 inch drop too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
massive is someone you might want to talk to, they have something called the omni kit which allows you to use any suspension kit from 2000-2008, i have an 07 with the saleen kit and the omni kit, i think out the door that day was 643 and some change. the saleen suspension fits the 05 and down but this kit gives you inserts to allow you to use the smaller front strut. i would give them a call and see what they say.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what?! thats barely drivable! almost a 3" drop will never work for daily driving haha

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
what?! thats barely drivable! almost a 3" drop will never work for daily driving haha
I dropped my 08' 2 3/4" with H&R coilovers and I drive it daily [driving]

I was a little harsh at first but what really helped smooth out the ride was a FocusSport Rear Stress Bar. I really wasn't expecting that bar to make such a difference but it really brought it all together for a much more comfortable ride.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I dropped my 08' 2 3/4" with H&R coilovers and I drive it daily [driving]

I was a little harsh at first but what really helped smooth out the ride was a Focus Sport Rear Stress Bar. I really wasn't expecting that bar to make such a difference but it really brought it all together for a much more comfortable ride.

are the coil overs the same as the cups? is it jaw rattleing

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
I would not describe the coilovers as "jaw rattling" at all. They were a little harsh at first but nothing unreasonable. The Focus is our daily ride and my wife and I commute together. Had it been that bad she would have complained - believe me! But like I said, that simple (inexpensive) rear stress bar really smoothed things out. It made a very nice difference.

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
I went with H&R. I posted some before and after pics awhile ago, you'll find that thread HERE.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts