Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... I debadged my Focus ST... completely took off all the lettering but I wanna keep the ST badge. My question is, is I wanna know where you all think I should the ST badge? I was thinking either right above the taillight but to the left to where it is on the top of the trunk lid, the lower right part of the trunk lid, or right below the third brake light, which should I do? Also what should I use to re-attach the badge to the trunk?

Any quick help would be great because I am gonna step out soon to go to Wal-mart and I could prolly buy what I need to re-attach it there.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also was thinking about putting it right under the license plate....

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
upper right or left hand side of the hatch, below the window.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well on the trunk lid... I have a sedan...LOL

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Here is a pic of my car with the tinted tails and debadged...I was thinking of putting the ST badge right around in the circle.... somewhere in there.

·
Registered
295 Posts
When I saw the pic above (without the circles) I instantly said "THERE! IT SHOULD GO THERE!"

Low and behold its the TOP circle that you were thinking of putting it!

I think it will look fantantic there [thumb]

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Definately the top circle, Sharon. If not, then somehow get a European ST badge.. because that one that comes with the US STs looks terrible from far away.

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
I put mine in the lower right hand corner, Sharon. I experimented with placement too..ended up liking that spot the best. I also painted the red ST with Ford Blue, that matches the blue oval.

There's one pic in my photo gallery of it, too.

·
Registered
583 Posts
i say leave it off... let a random civic or corolla give u a try and burn them to hell with the thought of "omg was that a focus"?

p.s. what u going to do about ur 3rd brake light sharon? u going to tint it to? or just leave it? currently i have mine red and want to get it tinted but i cant seem to get ahold of a replacement...for temp. while i wait for my tint.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
yes, that is the location i was talking about, even though i forgot you had a sedan.. upper right hand side. that's it!

would you mind posting those pics in the tinted tails thread? they look great!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Oh. Sharon.. Your Focus; looks naked. I have never been a fan of debadging. Too me it looks like something is missing. Nice looking ST, otherwise. [;)]

·
Registered
580 Posts
I like the lower placement of the ST badge, or just leave it off altogether. Just my .02

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so many opinions... don't know what to do. If I do re-do the ST badge... I am gonna do it in the circle up top.

·
Registered
295 Posts
sharon5384 said:
so many opinions... don't know what to do. If I do re-do the ST badge... I am gonna do it in the circle up top.
Good choice! [thumb]

·
Registered
189 Posts
sharon5384 said:
I have to agree, the top circle would be the best place!!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
David1954 said:
... I have never been a fan of debadging. Too me it looks like something is missing. [;)]
I agree with David, debadging is not my thing.

Even under my hood! (i.e., my "Stealth" intake").

But if I ever did do anything, it would probably be something similar to the 5.0 badge that my Mustangs had ...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Also, if you really want to be true to the "debadging" motiff ....

Then I think the rear window decals would have to go.

And after you get the cossie stuff put on, if they have a classy decal/badge - then maybe (MAYBE!) that.

But that's it.

Attachments

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didn't use a hair drying... I used a screw driver and kinda pried them off carefully... and didn't put one scratch in and I am happy.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Have you heard of Dental Floss or fishing line!!! Glad you did not scratch it. [thumb]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts