Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 06 ZX3 SE. I want to lower it and on tire rack it seems only coilover kits or lowering springs are available.

What shock/strut (and coilover) options do i have?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, so koni, bilstein, kyb don't make struts/shocks for 05-07?

What about coilovers? I see Tire Rack has H&R's for 950, any other companies?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Bilstein has one option called the B4 but we do not regularly carry it. Check it out and let me know if you're interested. I can see if we are able to special order it.

Front Left
Front Right
Rear

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Miles, can the Bilstein B4's be used with a stiffer drop spring. It's great to hear that Bilstein maybe providing some Focus options. The last time I checked the Bilstein HD (aka yellows and B6) were just becoming available as well, but they're also considered an OE replacement shock (although a VERY good one) and not intended to be used with drop springs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think the tourings are good for lowering springs are they? At least not in BMW land. I can't imagine why Bilstein doesn't make the sports for the 05-07's?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Geezer, the B4 appears to be a OE replacement option as well. I admit that since we don't carry it I know little about it. But I would err on the side of caution based on the information Bilstein is listing and wouldn't match it with lowering springs. Good catch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts