Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've already painted the vents red, and decided a red paint-job on the radio bezel would be a little much. So I bought another bezel, which I had to paint, since it had a few scratches. Used Krylon Fusion.....the color and finish is a close match to the instrument bezel, and a real close match to the rest of the dash (doesn't look that way in the photo however).

So which looks best... the stock silver, or the new black? I'm leaning toward the new black one.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
I like the silver cause i like the contrast with the rest of the dash.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
black. im against the contrast, 3 colors is just too much going on for the interior. u need a nice two tone of red n black. BLACK!

·
Registered
687 Posts
dude mine came stock black? so Iono, but the silver does stick out, but the black looks chill.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all.....there's obviously no correct answer here. And there's plenty of silver/gray color already in the car that I'm not going to touch.....which provides a third color contrast to the black dash and other black pieces, as well as the small amount of red.

I've been looking at the silver radio bezel in the six months I've owned the car. And all along wondered what It would look like in black (even before I added the red stuff). Since I can just put the silver bezel back in easily enough, I think I'll just leave the black one in there for a while.

To those who have never done this sort of mod.....you'll be quite surprised what this small color change does for the interior. It feels like I'm sitting in a different car. [8D]

·
Registered
79 Posts
Most guys will stick a tiny flatbladed screwdriver in between it and the dash and pry it from its clips. There is probably a sticky in this forum on how to do all of em.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a fairly easy mod, but I don't use screw-drivers. If you do, you stand a good chance of marking the edge of the opening. Use something flat/thin/wide.....like a puddy knife. To be even more careful, place a piece of thin plastic behind the blade to lever against.

Start in the upper right corner.....there are six attachment clips. They pull loose one at a time, usually without much force. Working on plastic dash parts is easier on warm days, sitting out in the sun, or by using a hair-dryer (carefully).

The cig lighter socket is almost impossible to remove (it stays attached to the bezel). Mask around it to do the painting. The other stuff is attached to the bezel with about 10 small screws. You don't have to remove any cables or wires...let them just hang loose after you remove the screws.

I think this black bezel is on there for good.....[8D]

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I'm all about the black, I just like the way it flows down in the middle all black, then the glove box and knee panel below the steering wheel is that grey color.

When it's silver it sticks out too much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts