Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some plentyful pictures of HID 6000K equipped projector headlights for my 06 Focus. [:)]

I am not sure of the glare coming off the headlights yet. It's getting much darker outside, and I cannot align the beams until it stops raining.

·
Registered
615 Posts
those are nice, where did you get them?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
They look like the ebay mack a likes to me. I have some chrome ones and they look sick especially with HID's! Good work man[thumb]

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments.

Since I been seeing you ppl saying you have the same thing. This is a HID-ready kit. Is there such thing as aiming the lights sideways? The driver side isn't beaming directly ahead because it beams more over to the passenger side. Passenger side throws the light amazingly good, so much better than the driver side.

Care to help? Criticize? Comment?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I think that's normal for the driver headlight to aim at the passenger side when the beam hits the road. At least mine does too anyways....

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
Those arent mach-a-likes, cause those are for 00-04. To adjust the throw, there should be some screws in the back of the ballast. Just mess with them to get the throw how you would like.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can adjust the throw, only up and down. But I want the sideways too.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I really like the look of those headlights, and have been thinking of buying some for my car. How is the quality of the the headlights? Also, I'm a little confused on when the halos are on and off, and is the projector for low beams, and the reflector for the highs?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The reflector is for high beams, very bright but not properly aligned. But hell who cares, it's bright, and throws directly in front of you anyway. It's very nice. And the projector is for the low's.

I'm unhappy with the driver side. It's not as bright as the passenger side. I'm waiting on the seller's response.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have the same headlights for my 05 ZX3 and have the same problem. The passenger side light seems to be aimed correctly from left to right, and the drivers side has nasty glare on the bottom and points to the passenger side. The adjusters only allow the headlight to be adjusted up and down. I'm thinking of taking the bulb out and seeing if I can tweak the adjustment that way.

·
Registered
936 Posts
All driver side headlights aim in towards the passenger side some. This is to help prevent blinding on coming drivers too much. Its also why headlights are listed specifically for LHD and RHD.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do completely understand your point, Hawk, but the beam is not as bright as the passenger side? It is awful. I almost went over something along on the side of the road. I would prefer to look more over to the passenger side than all around the area in front of me.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
the led on top of the headlights go out....mine just went out and i had the head lights since september...any one else have this problem?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
the led on top of the headlights go out....mine just went out and i had the head lights since september...any one else have this problem?
Ya! someone else commented that the LED's burn out fast (maybe it was you?). Hehe. You need to work a (better) current limit resistor somehow. Prob have to splice the wiring. But as I don't have the wiring diagram for the lights I can't really say. [scratch]
Those are nice looking headlamps, but until they improve the quality and fix the bugs I will have to wait.

·
Registered
518 Posts
FOCUSSTDRIVER, just remove the LEDs from the housing, that's what I did. They can be pulled out after removing the cover for the high and low beam bulbs. I also removed the terminals on the halo wiring connector.

·
Registered
76 Posts
try this website out,
http://www.flyryde.com/Products/Products_Detail.aspx?PId=72424744
I used to make angel eye headlights for cavaliers, eclipses, and tiburons.

They should carry what you need to fix them, but you'll probably have to contact them because they don't seem to have the universal DIY kits for sale anymore, it's been awhile since I've done them like 2005-2006, lol.

Also just a note, just to be alittle different, I would paint the black plastic insides, the same color as the body to give a custom 1 of a kind look!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts