Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I've been looking at intakes and it seems that you can make one if you work at a muffler shop, they are pretty much pieces of crap. As far as installation goes, everything comes off from
the bellows to the air filter. The big box with the green and red thing on it is the hydrocarbon
trap right? But what about the air sensor with the wire sticking out of it. Does that stay on?
Also will it alter the PZEV emisions which will require me to put the stock stuff back on each
time I get it inspected? The Stealth CAI seem the easiest but I'm wonering if the cone filter
is too close to the ground and this being a bad idea for real wet weather. I'm new to this
and want to learn all I can before making a decision. Thanks

·
Registered
281 Posts
i have the k&n cai and the filter is safly tucked behinde fog light up in front fender. the onlt sensor u have to worry about is the maf and i gess the breather but most intakes have that coverd.
this is where my filter sits

·
Registered
47 Posts
^^^^ its time to give your engine bay a nice bath

·
Registered
281 Posts
hey these pics are old they are from end of winter so it was dirty then

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll bet the winter weather sucks more in sakatoon than it does in Buffalo NY. You run this set-up year round , even through the slushy crap with no problems? Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
281 Posts
no im parking it for most of winter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts