Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy just bought an 06 and i was helping get some mods started and i was wondering if the 05 and 06 were the same or if there were any differences. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
minor differences, like the wiper fluid resevior is on the other side, the 06 has a battery brace, instead of a battery cover...

also the suspension has changed since 2005. I believe eibach has released a lowering kit for the 2006, but nothing so far that is close to a 2" drop.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
The sportlines for the 06 is available for the 06 now, talk to Wayne in the hypnoyic illusions forum for a price I am buying the prokit my self soon.

Most everything else is the same.

Jon

·
Registered
314 Posts
Power steering reservoir moved and makes for very noisy steering and splashing the fluid everywhere.

I'm happy with my 06 stock. I just spent all weekend at the track and it will consistently run 16.0s hot lapping or dipping into the 15s if you leave it time to cool off.

On a side note of some experimenting I did while at the track; the "stealth CAI" differences are also stealth. All it did was mess up my idle because of the loss of induction piping to straighten up the air before it gets metered (I guess).

·
Registered
526 Posts
Actually, just the proline springs from Eibach now. I just called Eibach the other day and talked to a guy named Jeff and the Sportlines ar coming in Mid-June. Dampers will be available early fall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts