Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at replacing the two doors on my focus. Both driver side doors front and back. What mode years can I use for this? I was looking at purchasing a salvaged focus and harvest the parts off of it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was looking at replacing the two doors on my focus. Both driver side doors front and back. What mode years can I use for this? I was looking at purchasing a salvaged focus and harvest the parts off of it.
just remember that the earlier year door panels wont line up (on the front anyway)....so save yours....ive done it....only about 20 min of work....and as focuses are so common, its easy to find the same colour...

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
just remember that the earlier year door panels wont line up (on the front anyway)....so save yours....ive done it....only about 20 min of work....and as focuses are so common, its easy to find the same colour...
Curious to know in what way they don't "line-up." What is different about them?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Curious to know in what way they don't "line-up." What is different about them?
On the 00-004 models (mk1) the new edge dash swoop flows into the front door cards.....

on the refresh (mk1.5) 05-07, its more of a conventional dash and the door cards are different...if that makes any sense

the front door shell and everything else is the same though for all model years....

and the back doors for all years are exactly the same between the zx5 and zx4...the wagon rear doors are different shaped....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts