Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new here but this is my 2nd focus.My name is Billy, I have some random questions and some needed guidance as well. First off anybody with the 05-07 focus have that weird motor tick, kinda sounds like a sticky lifter? Im also looking for some performance parts for my car. I need a new Intake manifold, headers, exhaust system, CAI, and a good chip. If anyone has any places they can point me it would be greatly appreciated. Im going to post some pics soon but just a quick background i just purchased an 06 zx4 focus sedan, with 77k. A one owner car from Cali. this car is spotless and in great shape. I just want more power. I have done the basics so far like a tune-up, valve cover gasket, trans flush with new trans pan gasket.next will be my power steering flush and brake flush perks of being a mechanic and working in a shop. Hope to hear from someone. thanks guys

·
Registered
2006 ZX3 2.0, 2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT
963 Posts
All of my duratecs had a distinct ticking coming from the fuel injectors. If you really think it is a valve, use a short length of broomstick and place it over each valve position and listen for ticking. As far as power, best bang for the bucks is the 2.5l fusion swap. They can be had for $300 with low miles. The other option is turbocharging at about $4000 invested. Everything else is a waste of money imho.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the fusion swap what year fusion? And as far as mounting up mine is the 2.0 is there going to be issues there? Or should it be relatively easy? Turbo charging has always been an option but with 77k I would need to atleast rebuild the motor to handle the boost I’m pretty interested in this fusion swap though

·
Registered
2006 ZX3 2.0, 2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT
963 Posts
There are plenty of threads in the Duratec performance section. Pretty straight forward swap. 2.3l timing cover. VCT delete kit. Escape intake manifold. Very doable for under $1000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts