Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are so many threads about this headlight so I prefer to get a direct answer by making this thread.

I have a stock factory headlights with aftermarket HID in it. The glare is awful, the highbeam is okay-okay.

But by buying projector headlights, will the HID make a better glare than it is on stock headlights?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Better light throw as in more area covered like Halogen?

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
In a sense. This is meaning more of the road surface and area ahead of you will lit by the HID then it will in a halogen.

I can post pics to give you an idea.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I bought the projectors from ebay and my opinion is that they SUCKED!!!! I had them for a month and i put the stockers back in. The ebay projectors spread the light out more but it was so scattered. You could make a real good retro-fit for as much as you pay for the ebay projectors and hids. Thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I've been eye-balling projectors from eBay, good to know your opinion before I dropped the cash on them. So if we shouldn't buy those, how else can we get projector headlights on '05-'07 cars? I was just gonna get a cheap HID kid and put it in my stock headlights.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think you'll be as happy as how halogen can throw the light. I actually miss how it can cover the whole area and high beams better than what I have with HID.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I've been eye-balling projectors from eBay, good to know your opinion before I dropped the cash on them. So if we shouldn't buy those, how else can we get projector headlights on '05-'07 cars? I was just gonna get a cheap HID kid and put it in my stock headlights.
to do a "retro fit" you take the housing and projector out of some other car that has them oem like accura, bmw, what ever you want. take your headlights apart and glue, epoxy and and paint the new projectors in. many people have done this and it works out really well - though it is a bit of work. you can even find people around here that will do it for you for a fee.

please don't get a hid kit and put it in your stock housing!!! it is illegal, and it really blinds others. if you want brighter headlights and don't want to do a retro, just get some higher wattage bulbs and put them in. all you need to do for that is make a simple 20 dollar harness to handle the increase in wattage.

i don't personally think all the ebay projectors are bad. most use a smaller bulb usually used for fog lights. you can upgrade those to hid. there just not as nice as a retro, imo

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
^^ That's because HID are DESIGNED to be in a projector to have light thrown correct.y vs the reflectro in ours is DESINGED for a halogen. Not to mention the Bi-xenon aftermarket typically have a very small high beam bulb to use with the highs. I test a set to see how they were was highly un impressed.

The ebay ones can probably be alright. I have seen good sets and not so good. It's more luck of the draw the only other option is to go with a retro fit headlight or a high wattage bulb and wiring upgrade.

·
Registered
533 Posts
^ That could have been my situation??? i just got a bed set, the light throw was really bad but it did have a descent cut-off line. Heck you could end up with a good set, im not going to lie the brights on the projectors were awsome!!!!. That was the only good thing about them

·
Registered
537 Posts
^ That could have been my situation??? i just got a bed set, the light throw was really bad but it did have a descent cut-off line. Heck you could end up with a good set, im not going to lie the brights on the projectors were awsome!!!!. That was the only good thing about them
can you post which ones you have^ pis and description, please. that might be helpful to others seeing as we don't know which ones are good and which ones are not so much...[idea]

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
you can even find people around here that will do it for you for a fee.
With the exception of cbrenn71, who is an authorized FF afiliate, this is not correct information. It is in violation of the forum rules (link) and the B/S/T rules (link)
Members who request or offer fee based services will be found in violation of the Terms of Service.
Using the PM system is also a violation, as it clearly states at the top of the Pm interface each time you use the PM system:
"Warning: Using our PM system to promote any third party sites, products, or services is strictly prohibited. "

·
Registered
537 Posts
With the exception of cbrenn71, who is an authorized FF afiliate, this is not correct information. It is in violation of the forum rules (link) and the B/S/T rules (link)
Members who request or offer fee based services will be found in violation of the Terms of Service.
Using the PM system is also a violation, as it clearly states at the top of the Pm interface each time you use the PM system:
"Warning: Using our PM system to promote any third party sites, products, or services is strictly prohibited. "
sorry, he's the guy i was thinking of but i couldn't remember his name. didn't mean to break the rulz. sometimes my poor memory bites me in the butt. again, i would like to apologize for the forgetful post.[:(]

EDIT - just so i'm clear, you can do no unauthorized business on any aspect of this forum. correct? you must some other form of communication that does not involve focusfanatics.com, still correct?

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
sorry, he's the guy i was thinking of but i couldn't remember his name. didn't mean to break the rulz. sometimes my poor memory bites me in the butt. again, i would like to apologize for the forgetful post.[:(]

EDIT - just so i'm clear, you can do no unauthorized business on any aspect of this forum. correct? you must some other form of communication that does not involve focusfanatics.com, still correct?
No need to feel sorry, just wanted to make sure rules didn't get violated, they haven't yet though!
That is correct, you must be an authorized affiliate to conduct buisness on this forum and its PM system, except for selling, purchasing, and trading items as described in the rules I posted in the Buy/Sell/Trade area. If you have any more questions about this topic or any of the forum rules, feel free to PM me, I don't want this thread to get off topic.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i bought a set of halo projectors off of ebay and they are awesome

the bulb that it came with sucked but i just replaced it with a HID kit

so to all of those people out there that are afraid of ebay (i don't blame you though) my projectors are holding up just fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts