Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im dropping my 06 Focus and the lowest spring I found were the Eibach Sportline. Anyone know of a lower drop spring? Im looking to drop aboup 2.5-3.0 inches.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
To go lower you need to consider an adjustable coil-over shock/spring set. There are several that will drop lower than 2.5 inches. Just be aware that the lower you go the stiffer the springs need to be to make up for the loss in suspension travel. What remains of ride quality will be significantly compromised. ANY drop spring, including the Sportlines, requires a shorter and firmer shock to effectively dampen them as well.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
H&R's

Im dropping my 06 Focus and the lowest spring I found were the Eibach Sportline. Anyone know of a lower drop spring? Im looking to drop aboup 2.5-3.0 inches.
For lower, try H&R's sport cup kit= 2.6'' I believe. I just added Eibach's sportline system, a little while ago.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
For lower, try H&R's sport cup kit= 2.6'' I believe. I just added Eibach's sportline system, a little while ago.
2nd this^^ the cup kit comes with matched shock that are made for the low drop. If u want to go lower then coilovers.

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
Is the cup kit out for 06-07 yet? Last time I checked, it wasn't. Otherwise you're going to have to go coilovers: H&R, ST, or DGR.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
^Just check and it shows that its in development for the '06-'07. Looks like C/O for now!

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
^Just check and it shows that its in development for the '06-'07. Looks like C/O for now!
Haha the H&R cup kit development for the 06-07 Focus looks to moving along about as well as F2's Duratec supercharger kit. I wouldn't count on it being released while you still have your Focus

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
Get that omni kit from massive. Would that would work the cup kit?
Yeah, the cup kit will allow you to run any 00-05 suspension kit. It'll also set you back an extra $100, which would probably still be less than coils.

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
Go with some raceland coils!
Remember that he has an 06, so if he's going to drop the money on a 00-05 coilover set and have to buy the Massive Omni Kit, he might as well drop the money for the 06-07 H&R or ST coilovers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts