Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
IH8URFCE
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ray and I attempted to install my Ksports last night. Neither of us really knew what we were doing, which is evident by this thread. Some, please help me fix this. Pictures below:

This is wrong

This is missing a part (fell off on drive home)

This one, specifically, which I know is not screwed in as it should be. Which is probably why the other one is gone.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
those upper mounts look like theyre for a C1 chassis car (mazda 3, euro focus). see this kind of shit with a few companies where they have stuff listed for the 06-07's but it turns out to be the euro redesign -__-

·
IH8URFCE
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah we could not find a way for them to bolt on. ray noticed there are two holes/screws in the wheel well, but he said not to mouth it there because they only appeared to be holding in the splash guard

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
take that bracket off its for the Mazda 3's

and the thing that fell is the peice to secure the spring perch. tigthen up the one you still have so it won't come off.

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
^^x2. Bottom photo bolt should be tightened down all the way to secure the rear threaded spring perch. Maybe you can get another one from Ksport for one that fell off. Otherwise you can get another bolt and washer of similar size in the meantime to secure the other perch. Wish you guys could of done this night since i'm off. Messed with coilovers b4. Could a helped you out.

·
IH8URFCE
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
come by saturday donald.

and the bolt is the least of my worries honestly. it is more about the upper mount. now if i do take off that mount, how does the shock mount to anything? even with that bracket in, with nothing to bolt to, the shock just rattles around and i am basically just riding on springs right now.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
come by saturday donald.

and the bolt is the least of my worries honestly. it is more about the upper mount. now if i do take off that mount, how does the shock mount to anything? even with that bracket in, with nothing to bolt to, the shock just rattles around and i am basically just riding on springs right now.
Mounts the same way the stock one does

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
IH8URFCE
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wanted to let you guys know I figured it out. I knew that the mount wasn't right, but had to figure out that I needed to remove the bushings from inside the mount and reassemble them around the opening. Very tricky stuff. Painfully easy fix to a seemingly impossible problem. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts