Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just sold my 03 Zx3 and just took on my moms 05 Zx4. Now that I own it I am going to work on some of the bugs.

1) Idle at vibration? Is this always normal for the automatic's for this year? My 03 Focus (5 speed) was smooth at idle and when moving. This one has always been loud so I am thinking it has to be a motor mount. Maybe the rear mount?

2) Dome lights don't work. Out of no where the dome lights worked for two days but other than that they have never worked. Anybody have a electrical diagram? I am not sure where to start on this?

Thanks guys really appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Passenger side mount is the common one for vibes on a Focus, with Ford versions being the only ones consistent at stopping it for long.

Door ajar lights not lit? (one way to check those switches)

Any luck with dome light switch in diff. positions?

Check bulb?

(Gotta get the easy questions out of the way first)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Passenger side mount is the common one for vibes on a Focus, with Ford versions being the only ones consistent at stopping it for long.

Door ajar lights not lit? (one way to check those switches)

Any luck with dome light switch in diff. positions?

Check bulb?

(Gotta get the easy questions out of the way first)
Thanks for the reply back bud.

Maybe I will stick a piece of wood under it today and slight jack up the engine to see if it goes away. Otherwise I will just got an oem mount. Can't believe how expensive they are on getting one.

As for the dome light not working the bulb is good as it works for every position except opening the doors.I can only imagine the switches are good on the doors since every door does not allow it to light up. I could ohm it to see if the switches are good but you would think one of the doors would allow it to work at least.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Check the Village Ford section for one source of discount Ford parts, good for things like this that aren't emergencies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts