Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have an 05 with courtesy light problems. We have owned the car for 5 years and only a couple of days has the courtesy lights worked when opening the doors. The light has power at all times and I can turn it but will not work for all doors. So far I am to the point of narrowing it down near the GEM.

Which computer is the GEM?

Have you ever heard of it not working for the courtesy lights for the doors only opening? It's giving it power so I know that part is fine.

Also I can check the resistance on plug 201A(Pin 18), 201B(Pin 15), 201D(Pin 21), 201D(Pin22). Problem is I can't tell which way the pin's go from either top to bottom or left to right when they read them? Assuming unplug battery when performing a resistance check.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Black (closer) unit for GEM.

Do you get a door open indicator for each door individually?

That's prob. the easiest way to tell if the door switches are working.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Black (closer) unit for GEM.

Do you get a door open indicator for each door individually?

That's prob. the easiest way to tell if the door switches are working.
I just did that and it doesn't show anything on the cluster for a door being open. None of the doors work with it showing on the cluster. What that still be the GEM or something else?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Try the trunk, maybe that'll show a dash light. (to test the light)

Does it light when the key is turned (dash check)?

If there isn't an open door reported, interior light won't turn on automatically.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try the trunk, maybe that'll show a dash light. (to test the light)

Does it light when the key is turned (dash check)?

If there isn't an open door reported, interior light won't turn on automatically.
Thanks Buddy for getting back so fast on this.

If car is locked and I pop the trunk, light is off. Unlock the car trunk light turns on.

If car is unlock and not running door light does not show on the dash. If I turn on the cars or have the key in the dash on the light works as it should.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took the knee plate off under the steering wheel and i found this mess. Would this be for the remote locks? Would you even mess with the dome light on remote locks?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It just hit me on this. Not sure if anybody is aware but do you know which way all the door wires run? Maybe they ran into this remote door lock and some how those wires were disconnected. When I push unlock with the remote the lights should turn on and they never do. Thinking somehow there is a disconnection some where by the drivers side foot panel area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts