Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed something strange, when I turn the key forward certain lights are supposed to be lit and the Oil pressure light is supposed to be one of them but it isn't. Sometimes, when starting the car it does light up like it's supposed to other times it's just not there.

I'm not sure if the problem is in my gauge cluster or if the oil sender is bad..
I'm looking into replacing the gauge cluster because I want a tach since this one doesn't have one. Unfortunately before I can replace the gauge cluster I have to pay off this car in full. It was financed from a used car dealer and I have 8 payments left.

·
Registered
16,203 Posts
Likely sending unit if erratic, bulb would stay off once blown. In most cases anyway, the bulb filament could always freakily drop to swing and touch to work then not, like a Trumpian lie.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I actually tried this today, took a little bit of firm pressing on the button but I noticed the light doesn't come on during the LED test either... Which I think means it's somehow blown. Meaning I will have to get a new gauge cluster which is fine, I can get it from a junker focus at my local Junk yard because these LED's aren't replaceable I think.

Now if the new cluster doesn't show the oil light either then I've got a problem... a solvable problem but none the less... a problem. [hihi]

·
Registered
148 Posts
I actually tried this today, took a little bit of firm pressing on the button but I noticed the light doesn't come on during the LED test either... Which I think means it's somehow blown. Meaning I will have to get a new gauge cluster which is fine, I can get it from a junker focus at my local Junk yard because these LED's aren't replaceable I think.

Now if the new cluster doesn't show the oil light either then I've got a problem... a solvable problem but none the less... a problem. [hihi]
I believe it is a bulb.....I found this:The 2005-2007 Focus clusters use the 2721 bulbs, 3 for non-tach clusters and 5 in tach clusters. You Tube has some videos on it too.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I believe it is a bulb.....I found this:The 2005-2007 Focus clusters use the 2721 bulbs, 3 for non-tach clusters and 5 in tach clusters. You Tube has some videos on it too.
I believe that on the 05-07 clusters (and perhaps some 03-04 as well) only the cluster illumination lamps are replaceable bulbs/sockets (that is the 3/5 you are talking about). All the warning lamp bulbs are hard soldered in. I believe this was done to prevent easy tampering (ie pulling out an illuminated CEL lamp, etc).

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts