Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am having a lil trouble with the rear drums on my 05 focus and it all seems to be the self adjuster plate under the two top spring in the assembly... I know I have readjust every thing before I put every thing back together but here is the problem... the adjustment plate is completely rusted to the point that I can't it wont allow me enough clearance to get the drum back on [?|] . does any one know the part number of the adjuster or any way to fix the issue without blowing more money? thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Hmmmm, pics? Have you taken the drum off the other side to make sure you have the springs installed correctly? Did you spin the adjuster down as far as it would go? IIRC one of those adjusters has reverse threads. Do you have the cap off the reservoir?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the thing I cant turn my adjuster to allow the brake shoes to fit properly so the drum will go on. other than the adjuster being rusted all the springs fit and are identical to the other side... just my luck that it would started raining so I had to wrap everything up and waiting for it to stop.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
OK, the adjuster should have some brake parts grease in the threads, or nickel based anti-seize good for 2500F- which nickel based is. I've had my share of stuck adjusters over the years. Snap on to that dude with a couple of pairs of channel lock pliers or something to break it loose, and some penetrating oil would help as well. PB Blaster or Aerokroil will do the trick, but it's not a job for WD40. If you have to go to the store to get either of those- just see how much a new adjuster will run you. It shouldn't be horribly expensive. I've always been able to break mine loose, but I don't live in a place that gets lot of snow or salt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts