Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swapped out zx3 with wagon, had svt kit on zx3 liked it alot, didnt like 2" drop I got with car to rough. Will svt kit work on wagon minus rear shocks being different? Other choice would cost 3 x more eibach pro kit. I want a good firm ride without a chiropractor bill. I appreciate any help as always. Keith

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Yea, you nailed that^^^^^ The springs interchange as well as the struts, but the rear shocks. What springs/dampers are on it now?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Not on a Wagon Bruce, the rear shocks & springs are BOTH different.

You'd be draggin' the tail with SVT springs on the back of a Wagon...

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Not on a Wagon Bruce, the rear shocks & springs are BOTH different.

You'd be draggin' the tail with SVT springs on the back of a Wagon...
Ok, Roger you got me, thought the springs would work on a wgn.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what's the best spring set to go with. Eibach pro set up look pretty good but 3 times the cost. Looking for firm not jarring.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
You've got to search for who's still selling drop springs for a Wagon, IIRC only 1.5" drop was ever generally available.

I'll remember eventually what brand had them that I saw most recently, we had a thread in here on that not too long ago...

Here's the first I was thinking of: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=xGVnNBwR2RjKSSizdm_yxg&bvm=bv.76943099,d.cWc

British American Transfer - Imported English parts for Fords.

·
Registered
459 Posts
So what's the best spring set to go with. Eibach pro set up look pretty good but 3 times the cost. Looking for firm not jarring.
Vogtland p/n 953035 for wagons, 00-05. The sedan/hatch springs initial rates (progressives) are with in 10lbs per inch of SVT, not sure wagon rates, but, I think they'll meet your requirement.

I'm a fanboi, have their springs on two of my cars ('cause they're great with stock dampers...). I don't know if they'd have them in stock, but, my Focus ones came from Germany at the time, only took about a week to get them.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
^^^ Sounds perfect for you transplant.

Grab 'em while you can get 'em.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts