Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting a used SVT suspension soon and I am wondering which components I will need (other than the springs, struts/shocks, and swaybars) to do a full swap? And does anyone know if there has been an in depth guide on how to do this?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
You're in good shape putting it in an '05, as the struts fit through that year without adapters. Brakes will bolt up too BTW, for a nice future option.

Use the whole strut assy. to make it work up front, nothing else special to mention.

P.S. - only need to swap the rear bar, front should be the same.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to hear :) Though I'll be swapping the front anyway since there's something going on with mine. Get a bit of clunking when I go over a bump with one wheel only.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Check the end links yet?

The other check is to see if it shifted to one side.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did, but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing there. I had a friend in the car who had a similar issue in his svt and he swore it was the end links. If the end links aren't included in the sale I intend on buying new ones.

·
Registered
95 Posts
definitely try just endlinks. front sways aren't enjoyable especially if you don't have to. I had the same issue and it was the link.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I've been wanting to do the full swap for a while now, otherwise I'd definitely do just the links. I don't like how loose the suspension feels in my car, especially compared to my wife's '05 mazda3 S hatch.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
ST would have one already, not a worry this time.

No need for aftermarket bolt on units that are better welded in place, or swapping in a different sub-frame.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts