Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 ST. After 30k miles on the original tires, I couldn't tolerate them any longer. I bought a set of BFG G-Force comps, and wow, it transformed the car, all of a sudden, corners were fun. Wet weather was much better too.
After a few sets of these tires, I decided to try the all season version. They were okay but the summer tire was better. So, now I need new tires again. I am leaning towards the bfg summer tire again,but also find the Firestone indy 500 tire interesting. Reviews are very good on them, but I wonder if they are as good or better than the BFG's. Does anyone have any experience with them?

My car is stock except for SVT springs which lowered the car about a half inch. The stock tire size was 205/50/16. I am thinking of switching to 205/55/16 due to clearance issues with my driveway. This should raise the car about a half inch and fill the wheel opening a little better.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Double Post

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
205-55s are great.
Firstone ha sbeen selling their Indy 500 tire for a very reasonable price and they are amazing and have great reviews.
They also have excellent wet and dry grip.
I got the 215-55-17s (for a Camry) for only $84 per tire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses. I think I am going to try the firestone indy 500 tires. They are about the same cost as the bfg g-force comp but they have more of a racy look. If they handle as good as the bfg's, I will be extremely happy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
05 ST tires

Thanks for the responses. I think I am going to try the firestone indy 500 tires. They are about the same cost as the bfg g-force comp but they have more of a racy look. If they handle as good as the bfg's, I will be extremely happy.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
You will like them. We are very happy with them on my girl's car.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts