Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I got my ST just yesturday & already found a problem, I think. Here it is. When I turn my lights on, the highbeam indicator comes on. When I pull the blinker switch back, to turn them on/off, the lights get brighter (for the flash to pass?) but the light does not go out. I then tested to see if my Fog Lights would come on, they dont work when brights are on, & sure enough the fogs stay off. Now with the fog light switch pulled out & I pull back the blinker switch, the fogs come on & the lights get dimmer instead of getting brighter like they did with out the fogs on. So my main question is this something that is normal or maybe a real bad wire problem from the factory? Im going to take it into the shop tomorrow or friday. I just know I need to get this fixed, Im tired of ppl flashing there brights at me when its dark[8] Thanks for any help.

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
I thought ming were screwed up to after I accidently turned my brights on, the switch just a pain to return to normal, you have to pull it towards you, kinda firm.......to make the brights go off all the way instead of just flash.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
eazyrider_tim said:
I thought ming were screwed up to after I accidently turned my brights on, the switch just a pain to return to normal, you have to pull it towards you, kinda firm.......to make the brights go off all the way instead of just flash.
I will give it a little more pull to see if that works. Is there a sound that you could hear? Like a click or pop to let you know you have pulled it far enough? My last car did a click to let you know you have engaged the high beams. Just wondering. Also if this was not bad enough, I came out of work today to find a good size crack in my wind shield[mad] I have some crappy luck. I have only had the car for 3 days & bad things are already going on[?|]

Edit: I tried the pull hard thing & no go. Also I poped off the collar to look around & did not see any wires lose. So I could hope its just a bad stalk & not a real wire problem[xx(]

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
Ususally there is in light pull for passing/light flash and then a firm pull right past the flash to turn the brights on/off. But, if that isn't working then to the dealer it should go.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^ Yes its going to the dealer today infact. I have found out that there have been 3 other cases of this brought to my local dealer all 05s with this same problem. Turns out to be a bad multifunction switch. Go figure & the crappy part is because its a 05, they dont keep that item in stock so they need to order it[?|]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts