Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok there is a guy here that just put an intake manifold on his 2006 ST and he said that there was a problem, he had to retrofit the powersteering pump and hoses etc. from the 2005 and as far as I know there were no major changes from 05 to the 06 engine bay like the power steering pump. I really would apreciate it if a few of you guys could post up some really really good pics of your 05 ST engine bay preferabley a close up near your intake manifold and powersteering pump. I need to know whats up because I am going to be installing my intake manifold soon.... thanks so much for your guys help.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I seriously doubt he had to "retrofit" the powersteering hoses and shit. More likely, he just had to scootch some hoses over, which has to be done with quite a few mods.

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
Have you already ordered your inake manifold?

I would've suggested Stage 2 cams (Crane, Crower, Cosworth) and springs before an intake manifold. You won't really see the gains from the high flow Cossie intake until you have higher lift cams. I'd also sorta bet that it will decrease low end power as much as it increases top end power.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yeah... I also have cams on the way... thats not a problem. I am shooting for the stage 1 & 2 power kits from cossie but I kinda had to purchase all the parts individually but I almost have all the parts, just have to get intake manifold, cam's, and header and I am done... with the motor that is, oh yeah and the SCT XCAL2.

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
Well, since you're in CA, Marcy Motorsport can probably help you out with a tune for a car running those mods. They have a car built similarly except it has higher compression pistons, and the Crane2 is a tad beefier than the Cossie2.

I think you're going to beat that S-10 now [thumb]

You work on your car like every weekend!! You go girl!! [grinking]

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL... but it is sadly in the shop again[:(]

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
whynotthinkwhynot said:
Have you already ordered your inake manifold?

You won't really see the gains from the high flow Cossie intake until you have higher lift cams. I'd also sorta bet that it will decrease low end power as much as it increases top end power.
Maybe, maybe not.

Short story on intakes when I was racing 'Stangs:

Had a '93 LX 5.0. All stock.

Installed Ford "GT" intake manifold. It looked like a "box".

Car ran a couple of tenths slower at the track.

Chucked the "GT" intake and bought an Edelbrock Performer intake manifold.

Supposedly was tuned for good midrange.

It was.

Ran a couple of tenths faster than my best stock time.

And still had all stock internal engine parts.

So an intake manifold, w/o any other mods, could still make a car noticeably faster.

(I found great gains from JUST the intake swap and shorty headers - car ran a 13.99 @99 mph w/o any other modifications what so ever!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts