Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, about 2 years ago I bought the focussport CAI... well it rains a lot here and i think i am going to chop it up and make it into a ram air... I have seen a few examples of home-made setups but was wondering if anyone had done this before and if so pictures of your final product would be awesome.
I was also hoping to see if anyone could take more detailed photos of the steeda ram air, as i have only found the one photo on there website. I wanted to see how the mounts system works. I already have a decent cone... and a dremel.. and a mount for the maf.. so i figure i could through something together....

links, pics or pms would be awesome :)

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
you could convert your stock bits to a short ram and seel the FS intake instead of cutting it up.

Stock elbow from the TB, then the stock MAF, then a 3" opening cone filter on the end. No pics (sorry) but a few people have done that on here

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Umm. A bit confused with terms used here. Let me say this. I built a true 'ram air' intake. Made not a bit of difference to a 'non-ram air' intake. Your far and away better just concentrating on pulling the coolest air available. This would for our cars be the area in the upper radiator grill. I could not devise a way to do that so I put my air intake in the lower radiator deflector. Oh! The important bit is, your MAF true I.D. is 2.75". Do NOT plumb less than that. If your using semi-rigid aluminum tubing, then you have to account for the turbulence, which means 3" minimum (rough calcs only). For what I have to work with any smooth wall piping was not going to fit hence my 'solution' is not perfect, but it does function rather well. [driving]

Here is lousy pic. look to lower right. You will see the air entry point

1 - 4 of 4 Posts