Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand Focus's have been plaged with rotor warpage problems since my first 00' focus. But I thought they fixed it with the larger front rotors on 05+ models. I am will turn over to 30,000 by saturday and there worped real bad already WTF! My pads are about 60% with alot of miles left on them.
I will order pads from Newedgeperformance.

So my question is where to get new aftermarket rotors? I don't want anouther set of stockers if they will barely last me anouther 30k.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Have you tried having the brakes "turned" or machined. Most of the time minor warpage can be machined out. And its a good idea to turn rotors anyway when you replace the pads too. Alot of the time you'll have groves in the rotors from the old pads, and when you install a new pad teh groves will wear the new pads abnormaly and continue to deepen the already present grooves.

Also I really wouldn't waste my time with "performance" rotors that are either slotted, crossdrilled, or both. Rotors liek that are desing for race applications and generaly dson't last very long, one maybe two races than they have to be replaced cause they are usually warn or cracked. On a street driven car having drilled or slotted rotors can cause a loss in brake performance sicen there is less surface for the pads to use.

So get new pads, have your rotors "turned" at a shop. If the rotrs are too worn to have machined get OEM style replacements cause performance rotors are not a good idea for a street car.

-Matt

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
what are u talking about i know someone with drilland slotted rotor who have had them for two year's and they stop better then the stock

·
Registered
373 Posts
focusZX505 said:
what are u talking about i know someone with drilland slotted rotor who have had them for two year's and they stop better then the stock
If you read correctly what I stated before I they CAN cause lesser performance not "will" or "shall." Also you acquaintance who uses them may be felling a placebo effect thinking they are working better when they may not be. However they may actually work better. I'm merely using a generalization from my own and others experiences and input on the use of slotted/drilled rotors.

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
dude any rotor would be better than sucky ford stock rotors....mine have so many grooves in them it's not even funny, but no one will damn make a rotor for the 2005s, so I'm SOL

·
Registered
373 Posts
EBC also has rotors for the '05+ models including the ST.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts