Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the car club went out for a night at the track 20.00 bucks and all the runs u can make in 4 hrs u can get about 20+ if u want but i qiut at 6 i dont have the rear motor mount and i got tired of hearing my damn engine hit the frame but this was the first time i have ever raced at a track so i was a newb and f'd up at first faulting and not knowing when and how to start buti by my 6th run i got time of 10.8with a my best reaction time of .725 it was fun the only mods i have is an MBRP cat back and a home made SRI i can post pics and slips if u want but how well is that for an 05?

·
Registered
930 Posts
What was your 60ft? What is your altitude and what were the conditions (temp/humidity)? What transmission?

In ~70-75 degree 20% humidity air at 1000ft here, I could pull a 10 flat with intake, exhaust, and short throw on stock tires. I have a five speed. I suspect any issues you are having are in your launch (wheelspin, etc) or in you shift points as you go down the track.

What was your whole timeslip on your fastest run?

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Hmm

I was hoping for a little better, my friends civic with just a CAI and a muffler ran a steady 10.9. My little auto SPI ran 11.6 that night, now he has CAI and race header.

I hope i can beat him when we get done with his car, I have been talking a lot of shit. LOL

·
Registered
930 Posts
Are you guys automatic or five speed?

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
My SPI was auto, and I have not taken my 06 MTX to the strip yet.

·
Registered
930 Posts
If it is a d series civic (ex, dx, and older si hatches) with header, intake, and exhaust, I wouldn't be too afraid.

If it is a b series civic (si, swapped b series car) you still shouldn't be too worried, just be sure not to miss any shifts. It will be close running. I'm guessing he has a d16, cause a 10.9 generally does not a b16/b18 make.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Your correct, he has a 94 EX d-16.

I have a feeling I will lay a whooping on him.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Me too. Enjoy..lol.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i ran a 10.3 last year first time with it there mbrp and mm cai could have been better but was still being easy on the st

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I actually saw a red 96 civic EX with a fart pipe and huge black ricer wing last night, I tried to get him to race but it was a no go.

UNTILL I went to turn to pick up my fiance, the ass revved at me while I was turning! I was pissed so i got my girlfriend in the car in less than 10sec and hauled ass to catch him. Took me 10miles but I got his ass, so I slow down to 70 and line up with him. I rev at him 3 times and shift and he shifts after me INTO 3RD at 70MPH what a dumb ass. So he corrects himself and hits 4th and by that time I'm gone, so we do it again and same thing he hits 3RD AGAIN. So I am ahead and shut down early, last time I LET HIM go first from 50 (so this time he can use 3rd) I blow his ass away.

I wanted to post that, its just another civic race not really important enough for its own thread.

Sorry for the jack.
Jon

·
Registered
930 Posts
lol...I had one try to get up next to me in a hurry (to cut me off...just have to see the road). One downshift fixed that issue, and he backed off. It was all dolled up, and he wouldn't pull up next to me at the next light.

Try to cut me off. Plz!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts