Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like an idiot for asking but does anyone know how to pull the turn signal bulb from the housing, I see the two clips but they arent budging for me, ideas?

·
Registered
199 Posts
While I have never had to touch any of the bulbs on my '07 yet (so I might have no idea what I am talking about)

If there is a gasket/o-ring that seals the bulb assembly in place make sure that the gasket is clean and in place when you put the bulb housing back. If the seal got spoiled when you were trying to remove the housing originally you can get moisture inside of your lens.

This happened to my coworkers Mazda Protege 5 and now he not only has moisture in his lens but he blows bulbs on that side frequently.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they just twist out buddy. grab it by the base and twist the will pop right out.
no they dont, theres two clips on it holding it in that wont budge, I could twist it but rip the whole plastic off

·
Registered
533 Posts
You should be able to twist to the left or right i cant remember. But the two clips you are stating is the plug in harness for the bulb

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i drive an 05 and unless you are running different headlights, they should just twist out. there are not clips holding it in place. you simply just twist and pull out.

i don't know why you are having all the troubles trying to swap out your turn signals man lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep i give myself the idiot award for that, was messing with the harness plug oi vey...

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
haha, i was worried bout you on this one bro! i never took the bulbs out myself so was like "oh crap, i sold him a set of lights with stuck bulbs!" glad you got it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I felt really dumb after playin with that for a couple hours, but got my first light apart and it wasnt as much of a PITA as every was saying 250 for 15 mins a good thin flathead screwdriver took about 30 mins and got it popped off

·
Registered
259 Posts
haha, i was worried bout you on this one bro! i never took the bulbs out myself so was like "oh crap, i sold him a set of lights with stuck bulbs!" glad you got it!
The crazy thing is that the bulbs do get stuck. When I opened up my headlights awhile back, I ended up baking them bulbs and all because I couldn't get either headlight bulb out. I'll deal with that issue when I have to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts